Anyone heard of Lugran?

Thread: Anyone heard of Lugran?

Anyone heard of Lugran?

Not sure if this is really old enough to qualify as vintage, but we'll try it here first.

I'm having trouble finding any information on Lugran. Movement seems decent enough -- is a 21 jewel ETA 2772, adjusted to 3 positions. Non-hacking, non-quick-set date, 21600bph. In addition to the eta logo and 2772, there is a mark that appears to read "OT". Any idea what that might signify?

Despite evidence of moisture, it is keeping good time. A little difficult to set, as the crown wants to unscrew from the stem -- is this something a ham-fisted amateur could fix, or better left to a professional?

Hard to tell from the poor photos, but the dial is a very deep blue. The crystal is badly scratched, but doesn't look quite as bad in person as in the photo.

Any ideas on vintage, or information on Lugran would be appreciated. Also, an idea of where this watch would have stacked up next to the more recognizable brands at the time.

Thanks,
    Cannon

Re: Anyone heard of Lugran?

From our reference and article section LUGRAN - Montres CREDOS S.A. Nidau here's the link https://forums.watchuseek.com/f295/tr...ps-364475.html Ranfft's Pink Pages shows that it dates from 1969 to 1982 bidfun-db ETA_2772: ETA 2772. Different people have different definitions of what's vintage but for me this watch comfortably fits.

Regarding the crown, see this thread:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/ben...ng-422110.html

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Marrick View Post
    Regarding the crown, see this thread:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/ben...ng-422110.html

Thank you! I think I can handle that.

Update: Pulled the stem with no problem, held it in a pin vise, and screwed the crown on. And it just kept turning.

Best I can tell, it's the threads inside the crown that are stripped -- the stem threads appear to be OK.

So where would a guy go to find a replacement crown (and probably a stem, too, to be on the safe side)?

Thread Information