Anyone know any info on this vulcain??
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By APZ06
  • 1 Post By Hartmut Richter

Thread: Anyone know any info on this vulcain??

Anyone know any info on this vulcain??

I came across this vulcain diver alarm watch and really cant find any info on it. The watch appears to be the best example ive ever seen (looks to have been never worn or only worn a few times very lightly). I will be selling this watch on here once i get more info on it. So what do you guys think its worth and whats the story with it? thanks
    Name:  2012-05-21_14-00-36_484.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  100.3 KB
    Name:  2012-05-21_14-00-48_960.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  107.5 KB
    Name:  2012-05-21_14-00-56_894.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  112.8 KB
    Raffa and joeuk like this.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Anyone know any info on this vulcain??

That is a specimen of the Vulcain Cricket "Nautical 1969". The earlier version looked a little more sober (only black and white on the dial). The main version had the Cal. 120 so it had a button at 2:00, a crown at 3:00 and another crown at 4:00 for the inner bezel. Your version has a Cal. 402 which was one of Vulcain's other Cricket calibres. This means that the inner bezel has gone and been replaced by an outer one which is operated directly. The only one I have seen (in M. Horlbeck's extensive book on wrist alarms) with that calibre is a Jules Jürgensen (with the same dial). I therefore cannot rule out the possibility of some frankenizing (JJ watch with a Vulcain dial) but if you hunt around the internet, you may well be able to show this not to be true.

If you sell it, please use the WUS "Sales Corner" and not this forum.

Hartmut Richter
    Raffa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    That is a specimen of the Vulcain Cricket "Nautical 1969". The earlier version looked a little more sober (only black and white on the dial). The main version had the Cal. 120 so it had a button at 2:00, a crown at 3:00 and another crown at 4:00 for the inner bezel. Your version has a Cal. 402 which was one of Vulcain's other Cricket calibres. This means that the inner bezel has gone and been replaced by an outer one which is operated directly. The only one I have seen (in M. Horlbeck's extensive book on wrist alarms) with that calibre is a Jules Jürgensen (with the same dial). I therefore cannot rule out the possibility of some frankenizing (JJ watch with a Vulcain dial) but if you hunt around the internet, you may well be able to show this not to be true.

If you sell it, please use the WUS "Sales Corner" and not this forum.

Hartmut Richter
    wow ask and you shall receive lol. Great info thanks! ill definitely use the other forum when i put up for sale. would you happen to know the years this watch was in production/rarity of it. also what would you imagine its worth?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Sorry, we don't do valuations. As for when it was producd and in what numbers, Horlbeck gives no info.....

Hartmut Richter

Banned

It looks well worn, more than once or twice..... Considerably more times, in fact.

For value, check ebay for similar watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    It looks well worn, more than once or twice..... Considerably more times, in fact.

For value, check ebay for similar watches.
    i beg to differ. maybe its just the pictures i dont know what your seeing but the watch only has a couple hair line scratches on the clasp. my rolex sub has more scratches on it from wearing lightly a hand full of times than this watch. the watch its self is in 9.5 out of 10 condition. also i searched all over the internet and cant find another one of this exact watch.

Thread Information