Anyone recognize this place?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RonD.

Thread: Anyone recognize this place?

Anyone recognize this place?

I have my great-grandfather's Elgin pocket watch, circa 1907. It came to me in a wooden box with the following inscription on the inside bottom:

Name:  store.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  130.7 KB

Does anyone have any idea where/what this is? The name looks a lot like "Chagru", but in addition to sounding like something out of an H.P. Lovecraft novel, googling that word produces nothing at all useful. There is also an address visible. It looks like "913 boardwalk." Google does not seem to indicate that anything of any real interest now or in the past has existed at that address, but it would have been a very long time ago…

Chagrw Jewels

That was a nice challenge! I looked up a few things and found that it is actually a "w" at the end. Chagrw Jewels. This link below will show a postcard from there.. if the link works. :)

http://images.stampwants.com/cyd79.img
    HOROLOGIST007 likes this.

Re: Chagrw Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by RonD. View Post
    That was a nice challenge! I looked up a few things and found that it is actually a "w" at the end. Chagrw Jewels. This link below will show a postcard from there.. if the link works. :)

http://images.stampwants.com/cyd79.img
    Ergh, I briefly wondered whether it was a "W", but decided "Chagrw" just sounded too weird to be anything…

Great detective work. Aside from that one postcard, it looks like virtually no information about the place.

Thread Information