Arctos-Watch Cal. Durowe 7525/4
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By watchhans
  • 1 Post By Hartmut Richter

Thread: Arctos-Watch Cal. Durowe 7525/4

Arctos-Watch Cal. Durowe 7525/4

This is one of the last mechanical watches manufactured by Arctos before mechanical movements disappeared from their factory lines.

This watch was presented on the occasion of a 25th employee anniversary by the German steel producer Kloeckner, branch in the city of Bremen.

I entirely overhauled this movement after I bought the watch, because it did not run very properly due to dried oils and some dirt.

The movement used in this watch is also one of the last mechanical movements made by Deutsche Uhrenrohwerke Durowe, clearly identifiable by the number 4 after the slash.
    According to Mr. Schauer, owner of Stowa Watch Factory and also owner of the name right Durowe, this was the last automatic movement series produced by Durowe. Probably only a few thousands were made, compared to the millions of movements made showing the number 2 after the slash.
    Soon after this, only quartz movements were made and a little later, Durowe went bankrupt and disappeared from the market until Mr. Schauer bought the name right.

Durowe was owned by the Swiss Ebauches SA since 1965 and you can clearly see some parts of this ownership, like a pivoted balance spring stud (similar to the Etachron-System)and the same dial feet mounting as with the ETA 2824.

An interesting part of the former West German and the City of Pforzheim watch history, including a rare movement, affordable for many people back in the late 1970´s, compared to today´s German luxury watches only affordable for a few.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Arctos-Watch Cal. Durowe 7525/4

Very nice, very clean. I've got a Durowe INT Cal. 7525 in the "ordinary" version and I don't think that they are all that rare, at least not in the "basic" version.....

Hartmut Richter
    watchhans likes this.

Re: Arctos-Watch Cal. Durowe 7525/4

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    Very nice, very clean. I've got a Durowe INT Cal. 7525 in the "ordinary" version and I don't think that they are all that rare, at least not in the "basic" version.....

Hartmut Richter
    You are right. There are still many of the earlier version 7525/2 available.
    Unfortunately there is no detailed information available about the last version 7525/4. The basic movement is even slightly different from the /2-version, as well as a different automatic bridge with it´s quarter-automatic rotor. There was also a day/date-version available, the 7526/4. Both movements were available with 17 or 21 jewels, Rufa-Antichoc or Incabloc shock protection.
    Even Mr. Schauer, today´s owner of Durowe, could not provide any more information. Except that only a few of this very last automatic movement were produced, because at the same time Durowe started manufacturing quarz movements, making mechanical movements obsolete.
    Last edited by watchhans; March 18th, 2018 at 01:13.

Thread Information