Is Aristone the same as Ariston?

Thread: Is Aristone the same as Ariston?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    223

    Is Aristone the same as Ariston?

    Im in the process of purchasing an Aristone and looking for info but whenever I google, it only brings up a 14k watch which iv seen on this site and a bunch of "Ariston"....nothing else anywhere, can someone tell me about Aristone or whether its the same as Ariston? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Member Old Navman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    522

    Re: Is Aristone the same as Ariston?

    Quote Originally Posted by marcc79 View Post
    Im in the process of purchasing an Aristone and looking for info but whenever I google, it only brings up a 14k watch which iv seen on this site and a bunch of "Ariston"....nothing else anywhere, can someone tell me about Aristone or whether its the same as Ariston? Thanks.
    A quick googling yielded the following answers:

    "Ariston Watch Company" they are/were a private label watch made for Marshall Fields in Chicago. The Illinois Watch Company produced them. Some were made to the standards of their watches and others were made better. They are described as an under appreciated private label.

    Ariston white goods manufacturer (formerly, merged with Hotpoint) an Indesit company.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    223

    Re: Is Aristone the same as Ariston?

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Navman View Post
    A quick googling yielded the following answers:

    "Ariston Watch Company" they are/were a private label watch made for Marshall Fields in Chicago. The Illinois Watch Company produced them. Some were made to the standards of their watches and others were made better. They are described as an under appreciated private label.

    Ariston white goods manufacturer (formerly, merged with Hotpoint) an Indesit company.
    hi navman....I mean "Aristone" ... I am not interested in "Ariston" the watch I am buying is an Aristone ( E ) on the end :)

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    A flat world
    Posts
    347

    Re: Is Aristone the same as Ariston?

    I once visited a purveyor of fine horology at his table top by the sand in Marmaris. He had a good selection of ceramic swiss made RADiO and a few Rollex.

  6. #5
    Member Old Navman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    522

    Re: Is Aristone the same as Ariston?

    Quote Originally Posted by marcc79 View Post
    hi navman....I mean "Aristone" ... I am not interested in "Ariston" the watch I am buying is an Aristone ( E ) on the end :)
    Ok. Perhaps, it might be more beneficial for everyone of you could post a photo of the watch - as they say "a photo is worth a 1000 words" The reason is because it might be something worth chasing up or a two bob watch not worth the effort.

  7. #6
    Member Old Navman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    522

    Re: Is Aristone the same as Ariston?

    Quote Originally Posted by vealmike View Post
    I once visited a purveyor of fine horology at his table top by the sand in Marmaris. He had a good selection of ceramic swiss made RADiO and a few Rollex.
    That beach is only rated 2 star on the tripadvisor's site You sure the seller didn't have any Patek's or Longines hidden somewhere under the table?

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    223

    Re: Is Aristone the same as Ariston?

    Thanks for help...mod you can close the thread. An error occurred :)

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    223

    Re: Is Aristone the same as Ariston?

    even though aristone does exist...Name:  4a4ae9efc2762deeaa99ed7442da0ed2.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  43.6 KB

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    223

    Re: Is Aristone the same as Ariston?

    photo taken from watchuseek old post

  11. #10
    Vint. Forum Co-Moderator Mirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    3,601

    Re: Is Aristone the same as Ariston?

    Quote Originally Posted by marcc79 View Post
    Thanks for help...mod you can close the thread. An error occurred :)
    The only error I see here is you asking to close the thread. There are lots of micro brands about which we know little. Closing a thread about one such will benefit no one.


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Are the SD and SUB heads really the same size?
      By David Woo in forum Rolex & Tudor
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: May 21st, 2006, 07:23
    2. This is about the same size as my..
      By cmoy in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: May 15th, 2006, 19:59
    3. Replies: 7
      Last Post: May 10th, 2006, 08:21
    4. Replies: 5
      Last Post: April 17th, 2006, 00:42
    5. I don't know if you have the same sensation, but...
      By michele in forum Russian watches
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: February 18th, 2006, 23:50

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •