aroxana pocket watch

Thread: aroxana pocket watch

aroxana pocket watch

Hi am just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this watch as i canot find anything about this make of watch it is aroxana pocket watch with a engraving of a train on the back with mountains in the background it also has the numbers 182 stamped inside the back any info would be of great help thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: aroxana pocket watch

It is a wristwatch movement in a pocketwatch case. If you can post clearer pictures of the movement and state any markings found on it people will be better able to help you.
    Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

i have had a closer look at the movment and it has the following ps31 and a circle with what looks like J(J in a weird font inside it i think the watch case is stainless steel and i can see gold cogs inside the movement cant get a good picture as this is too small to catch with my camera

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The symbol matches the Jeambrum logo, as does the model
    http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...&Jeambrun_PS31

The barrel and crown wheel setup looks much different on yours; possibly a more recent version?
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

yes thats the one but i still cant get anything about aroxana the make anyone help ?pls

Well its not listed in any of the usual places, and - as I'm sure you already know - googling produces no results. The fact is there are a load of short-lived brands which have left little or no trace behind. I have several watches which I can't find anything about (Oisa, Thoro, Lagoon). Its frustrating, but that's the hobby.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

further study has given me some more intresting info. The case of this watch is from an american co called elgin. The train engraved on the back is a Elgin Joliet & Eastern Railway Sharknose Demonstrator.
    The watch movement is a french jeambrun ps 31 wristwatch movement and the dial is Aroxana. is this normal for watch to have such a mishmash of parts. and why would a smaller wristwatch movement be in a pocketwatch?? also 182 stamp cant find anything about a 182 .any help welcome.

Thread Information