Art deco style ladies Helbros watch

Thread: Art deco style ladies Helbros watch

Art deco style ladies Helbros watch

Hello...was wondering if anyone had thoughts on this item. Just purchased for a very reasonable $10, and it does run. It's a Helbros; here's the seller description:

THE WATCH CASE MEASURES: 27MM LONG X 13MM WIDE X 6MM BAND WIDTH. THE WATCH MOVEMENT IS MARKED: HELBROS WATCH CO., SWISS, UNADJUSTED, 7 SEVEN JEWELS. INSIDE THE CASE LID IS MARKED: PIONEER, 10KT ROLLED GOLD PLATE, WITH SEVERAL JEWELERS MARKINGS.

I've scoured the internet but not seen anything that looks even similar. Any thoughts/ideas/feedback greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Attached Images Attached Images

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Art deco style ladies Helbros watch

Looks like a decent but not very spectacular watch. Only seven jewels (standard for a high grade movement is 17), but at least it does show that the movement is of decent grade (and not a one jewel pin lever movement or similar). At ten bucks, you didn't get a bargain but at least you didn't overpay either. These things are worth very little, especially if only gold plated and not solid, because the demand for them is practically nil. If you really like it and would like more such watches, you are if anything to be congratulated - the supply out there is practically endless and the competition is almost nonexistent. There is certainly nothing wrong with that watch - if serviced, it will be reliable and longlasting and keep good time.

As for a short history of Helbros, you can find it here:

A Short History of Helbros

Hartmut Richter

Vint. Forum Co-Moderator Mirius's Avatar

I second Harmut. Congratulations on your purchase. We need more people to appreciate these old ladies movements - and incidentally please don't overlook the ladies watch sub-forum here!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I thank you both for your input...for me, the value is secondary, and not even important. I just like having something unique that you don't see on a person every day, and I love the art deco style. Nothing wrong with a watch that lasts and keeps decent time, right?!

JoAnne

Thread Information