B.W.C Co. (Dog Bone) ladies wristwatch solid 14K white gold hinged watch case
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: B.W.C Co. (Dog Bone) ladies wristwatch solid 14K white gold hinged watch case

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

B.W.C Co. (Dog Bone) ladies wristwatch solid 14K white gold hinged watch case

I have researched this for a little bit but could not find much. Brooklyn watch case company made wrist watch cases? Can anyone assist me on finding out date and if this is a common solid 14 gold hinged watch case wrist watch or just a common piece. Besides the value which I'm interested in learning I'm more interested in on why I do not see any of these on the internet.

Movement is marked "ZILA WATCH SWISS'' ... It is Marked "HALLMARK" with UPPERCASE " [G] " inside of a square below it.
    THIS MOVEMENT WORKS. I want it up fully and it ticked for over two days. Zila: and it has 16 jewels. Also Marked TWO 2 adj." And has the dial with MARKINGS : "AF & RS"

One of the gears has either been engraved, or has a marking, or is just some weird micro gunk on the gear... It looks like a squirrel's tail almost but the positioning doesn't make sense and it says thin as a piece of hair. Both gears are nicely High polished. I know that the squirrel represents 14 karat gold. there's also a sapphire crown or a bluish gem on the crown...

Spell styles are metallic blue and there is no second hand.

Try to see in the in the photos
    The band is not solid 14 karat gold but it is gold filled and matches the case pretty well the band is Marked "Wrist Lace" 1/10 14K G.F.

There are no markings on the outside of the case or on the back period but it is nicely heavily engraved.

The hinged inside of case is call Lynn "warranted 14k to assay." With the Brooklyn watch case companies logo "B.W.C. Co. Inside of a dog bone"

The serial number is 133668....
    The other side of Keys has Roman numerals three, six, seven and eight (III,VI,VII & VIII)

I WISH THERE WAS A WATCHMAKER'S REPAIR SERVICE MAINTENANCE MARK BUT THERE IS NO MARKINGS ON THE INSIDE OF HIS WATCH...

I WAS AMAZED ON HOW LONG THE WATCH TICKED AND RAN FOR AND KEPT PRETTY GOOD TIME BEFORE APPROXIMATELY 48 HOURS AND WHEN I PICK IT UP AGAIN TODAY IT STARTED TICKING SO I HAD MORE TO GO.

ALL INFORMATION IS DEEPLY APPRECIATED... I DID MY RESEARCH ON THE BROOKLYN WATCH CASE COMPANY BUT I FOUND NOTHING ABOUT THE ZILA MOVEMENT AND I COULDN'T FIND ANOTHER WATCH CASE LIKE IT.

Oh its a stretchable band that has one extra link for adjustment

THANK YOU !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

That-belgian-guy likes this.

Re: B.W.C Co. (Dog Bone) ladies wristwatch solid 14K white gold hinged watch case

Name:  IMG_20170615_144305.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  374.7 KB here is a better photo of mov't that is in a little bit sharper focus

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: B.W.C Co. (Dog Bone) ladies wristwatch solid 14K white gold hinged watch case

Sorry - can't help you with the movement. Zila Watch Co., however, was registered in 1922 in La Heutte, Switzerland, so that seems to be a minimum age for the watch.

Oh, and: Welcome to Watchuseek!

Hartmut Richter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's a "gold plate" watch case and not "solid gold" from the 20's.
    https://mb.nawcc.org/threads/westfield-watch-company.109201/

but the inside of case clearly says "WARRANTED 14K ASSAY."
    ??????

Back at the turn of the 20th century, there were a lot of spurious claims going around about the metal content and purity in the jewelry industry. The government finally stepped in and set standards for the industry to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie650 View Post
    but the inside of case clearly says "WARRANTED 14K ASSAY."
    ??????
    Which means gold plate. If it were solid gold it wouldn't have the warranted on it. It would be a 14K hallmark
    Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker View Post
    Which means gold plate. If it were solid gold it wouldn't have the warranted on it. It would be a 14K hallmark
    I don't think that's exactly true. Gold plated (filled) cases have 'Warranted XX years' mark. I think Warranted 14K to Assay should be solid gold. Still, in USA sometimes markings were purposely made misleading. Search for brassing where wear can be seen - it might actually be solid gold.
    mkws likes this.
    Have a great day!!!

I would also expect a solid gold case. I like the watch band . The gold in that gold filled band is more than twice the more common 1/20 10k.

I've got a half dozen or so of those cases I'd be real happy to part with for scrap less 10%.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information