bad redial on omega dynamic?

Thread: bad redial on omega dynamic?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

bad redial on omega dynamic?

Hi all,I'm fairly new to vintage watches,but I've really fallen for Omegas,I'm after another dynamic as mine is buggered,but I don't want a redial/franken whatever,so as a way of educating myself - is this a crap redial or what?! It looks far too new,and the paint isn't sharp is it? Any thoughts - thankyou,this site is FAB. Also just noticed the listing states 'new old stock',then goes on to say 'refurbished dial' - why would you need to refurbish a watch that has supposedly never been used?
    RARE VINTAGE "OMEGA DYNAMIC" AUTO WATCH W/DATE!!...NR!! | eBay UK
    Last edited by kardhore; May 19th, 2011 at 20:53.

Re: bad redial on omega dynamic?

Hi there...

Its easy to fall for vintage Omega's!!

Worse than the redail... is the case!! its been polished to death!

This is the problem with vintage (and any desirable watch) Omegas... as there is a market for them... you get copies, redials, frakens... etc!

I am happier to see a bit of wear and natural aging on my vintage watches.... that said, who ever buys that dynamic, I'm sure will be happy with it! looks almost new and very "retro"... I would not touch it though....

Intrigued to know what you mean by "mine is buggered"... could it not be saved?
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

most omegas can be saved as you can still find parts for them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've had a few watchmakers look at it now,and the crown still keeps coming loose hence the dial slips around - is this cos the crown keeps it in place?? Here it is anyway -lovely dial no? When I bought it first (from the U.S) the dial was all out of place,a watchmaker said that some pins were badly bent,took it for a service recently but the problem still exists,he reckons it needs an original omega crystal to keep the dial in place,I'm not sure he knows what he's talking about! Its just that it costs me £200,then £50 import duty,since spent £200 on it at watchmakers,see what I mean? I don't wanna throw more money at it and still the problem exists,but then again,may'be another few quid if it really would be fixed, as buying another one is gonna set me back around £300. I went to the watchmakers today - he put the crown back in for me,but I know it will come out again soon...... ALSO concerning the 'bad redial' watch on ebay how can you tell the dial has been 'polished to death'? Is it because its lost its shape at the edges?? Many thanks for all your help. Name:  P5050021.JPG
Views: 1114
Size:  138.7 KB
    Last edited by kardhore; May 20th, 2011 at 20:20.

Name:  P5070041.JPG
Views: 1078
Size:  145.7 KBName:  P5070040.JPG
Views: 1176
Size:  142.0 KBmy dynamic with the crown back in and looking great - but it wont't bloody stay in!!

dont ever ever use that watchguy again. the crown does come off in two parts, if i can recall its a front loader where the glass comes out to take the movement out, it should have cut outs in the case were you then turn the movement to slip it out but im sure they should be screws also but i might be wrong, if crown is coming off to easy then might need a new crown or just a simple case of tighting the other part,where is it you are from in the uk someone might know a good watchguy to see to it.

I live in Brighton,but London is easy to get to of course,yeh that 'watchmaker' was an idiot,the minute hand was dragging,so his solution was to make the hole in the dial bigger!!! That threw me! If you look at pics you can see its very slightly raised by the hole - thats spoiled it a tiny bit, he's a member of the British Horologists whatever.....so there we go! And yeh it is a front loader. Thanks again for you help.

they is a company called swiss time services but they are very expensive, as it been serviced? you should try going on the omega forum some guys on there are great, and some are from london might point you to someone cheaper. they is also this company Ryte Time Watch Repairs,watch repairs leicestershire,east midlands,leicester but you will have to post it then drive it. dont give up on this watch dont buy another when this can be fixed. these watches dont come cheap so even if you paid the full monty for a service you still might need to do that when buying another. and after a service will go on for years to come. hope you sort it out and keep us posted. cheers

You can probably buy the crown and stem from cousins and fit it yourself, assuming:

1. You can ID the case number
    2. The bit that is worn is the female end (Crown end) of the 2 part stem
    3. That you can align the dial (you will need to).

If you can do #3, it just clips in with gentle pressure. Hold it against the male, rotate it like a screw until you feel a slight notch (that is the male and female parts aligning) and then clip it in.

If assumption #2 is wrong, all bets are off

BTW, I am grooving this Dynamic

it has apparently been serviced by that idiot who reccommended I needed a new crystal! I think your right about keeping it,its nice to find one that hasn;t been redialed - so many you see on ebay have.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information