Which Band Should I choose for my new Bulova?

Thread: Which Band Should I choose for my new Bulova?

Which Band Should I choose for my new Bulova?

Hello,

This is my first post, but would like to get someone's opinion.

I have a Bulova Accuquartz 14K watch that is currently in for repairs. I'll be getting it back on Friday, but need to find a new band for it.

The repair shop I went to only had two 17mm leather bands, a black calf skin, and a brown gator (or croc).

Attach are the photos I took of the bands. I prefer the texture of the brown one, but everyone thinks I should get a black strap to match the gold.

I'll probably try a few other local shops to see if they have anything. I don't like buying on the net, because I don't like waiting....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Inactive

Re: Which Band Should I choose for my new Bulova?

Black. It brings out the details on the watch.

I'd go with the black as well, something with some padding and some texture like a croc grain or a lizard or ostrich look. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that watch wants an 18mm strap...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You might find that a nice blue leather would work; blue and gold are a surprising good combination at times, and it would accent the second-hand.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

I reckon the brown one looks better, but then I prefer brown straps to back generally. I think the brown brings out the warmth of the gold case and compliments it well, for me there is more of a pleasing synergy between the gold and brown. But either way it's a lovely looking watch and will look good on either (or other colours as mentioned by others), good choice.

Thanks everyone,

I pick up the watch tomorrow, and I'll post some pictures along with it's "matching" Bulova Accutron pocket watch.

Quote Originally Posted by billybobman View Post
    I reckon the brown one looks better, but then I prefer brown straps to back generally. I think the brown brings out the warmth of the gold case and compliments it well, for me there is more of a pleasing synergy between the gold and brown. But either way it's a lovely looking watch and will look good on either (or other colours as mentioned by others), good choice.
    That's me, too - especially with these 70s vintages. Most of my gold watches have brown straps. Stainless watches have more of a black and-white look with a black strap, but it also depends on the dial and bezel.
    "My grail showed up today"

Quote Originally Posted by AbslomRob View Post
    You might find that a nice blue leather would work; blue and gold are a surprising good combination at times, and it would accent the second-hand.
    Want to embrace your suggestion, but a blue strap is a lot of blue. I've seen them on stainless watches and it prompted me to consider one for my vintage Waltham. The critical matching point here for me is the blue Waltham logo. BTW- this is a large 60s Waltham with a Waltham branded Seiko Sportsmatic DS5 movement.

"My grail showed up today"

Nice...never seen that logo in blue before; it's usually red. I've yet to confirm which "era" of international Waltham that reflects.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Below are the end results. I went with Wassil's suggestion and asked to see some 18mm straps. It's a black 18mm croc(or gator??). The watch itself is in great condition, but needed a new coil.

Also, some photos of a Bulova Accutron 218 pocketwatch, it's 14k gold trimmed with sterling silver. It's running fast, but still has the cool humming and second hand sweep.

Thanks, I'll try to upload the other three vintage watches I have!

Thread Information