Beautiful vintage Vostok, any other suggestions?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Beautiful vintage Vostok, any other suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beautiful vintage Vostok, any other suggestions?

Hello WUS vintage,

A little about me, I've always loved watches ever since I can remember. I am a huge diver fan. Recently I've been addicted to looking through vintage watch pics on here because for reasons I can't explain I just love the old style. Things were simpler, cleaner, classier.

imgur: the simple image sharer
    This is a Vostok that I just purchased because it just took my breath away when I first saw it. Amazing plus side to it was it was inexpensive!
    Now my question to you seasoned veterans is what other brands/models/years should I look at that are considered "most popular" when it comes to vintage or just your own personal favorites! I need to fill up a 12 watch box and I only have 6 so far. Have a great day, cheers.

Re: Beautiful vintage Vostok, any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by jrDiver View Post
    Hello WUS vintage,

A little about me, I've always loved watches ever since I can remember. I am a huge diver fan. Recently I've been addicted to looking through vintage watch pics on here because for reasons I can't explain I just love the old style. Things were simpler, cleaner, classier.

imgur: the simple image sharer
    This is a Vostok that I just purchased because it just took my breath away when I first saw it. Amazing plus side to it was it was inexpensive!
    Now my question to you seasoned veterans is what other brands/models/years should I look at that are considered "most popular" when it comes to vintage or just your own personal favorites! I need to fill up a 12 watch box and I only have 6 so far. Have a great day, cheers.
    Hi, Why? :)
    Chaos is my focus

Rest assured ... watch boxes have this alarming tendency to fill up themselves. Before you realise it you're buying another one. And another. And ...

Best,
    Tomcat
    After all's been said and done, there's a lot more said than done...

Patina: little pieces of history put on old watches and forgotten there by the maker of time

"Miracles?", he asked. "Forget about miracles. Those who walk on water just know where the stepstones are."

"Luxury watches - you acquire the right to take care of them, but they remain the property of their manufacturers."
    (Roland Ranfft)

Now available for your Kindle or Kindle Reader:

Tracks in a Blizzard - A (German) Christmas Ghost Story

Check me out on Facebook! / Visit us on Facebook! / Visit us in our living room!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good luck in the search.thats half the fun! Here are some of my vintage divers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

kazrich and joeuk like this.
    tempore pulcher

I love Vostok. I currently have one vintage Amphibian (and two modern ones). I am on the hunt for two more vintage (a very early production one and a 300m).

I prefer the Amphibian over the Komandiriskie because of the Amphibian's stainless case over the 'diriskie's chromed brass. So my suggestion would be an Amphibian. Check out svtrrts (he services his watches before selling them), asap31, samun_povt (he sells Raketa and services them. Raketa made a few cool divers) and sovieterawatch on eBay. They are all trustworthy sellers who don't sell frankens.
    Last edited by 93EXCivic; August 7th, 2014 at 14:39.
    Olma, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Elektronika, Airavata, Elgin

My Mods: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/fin...d-1058328.html

Haha I was somewhat joking about filling the box (it will eventually no doubt) I was just looking for a good place to start/look at in terms of vintage watches. :)

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    I love Vostok. I currently have one vintage Amphibian (and two modern ones). I am on the hunt for two more vintage (a very early production one and a 300m).

I prefer the Amphibian over the Komandiriskie because of the Amphibian's stainless case over the 'diriskie's chromed brass. So my suggestion would be an Amphibian. Check out svtrrts (he services his watches before selling them), asap31, samun_povt (he sells Raketa and services them. Raketa made a few cool divers) and sovieterawatch on eBay. They are all trustworthy sellers who don't sell frankens.
    I have heard this before actually. Thanks for the advice! I just loved the look of that specific komandirskie.....had to have it!!

Quote Originally Posted by derids View Post
    Good luck in the search.thats half the fun! Here are some of my vintage divers.
    What is that blue one? wow

I have heard this before actually. Thanks for the advice! I just loved the look of that specific komandirskie.....had to have it!!
    No need to apologise, Komandirskies are kool!
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/kom...em-791366.html

Mine, from 60s/ 70s. Yours is a bit later, an intermediate to the external bezel style seen today
    kazrich and joeuk like this.
    DO NOT put sales verbiage in your signature.

What is that blue one? wow
    That's my Helbros Electric.
    tempore pulcher

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information