The big haul I never wanted.
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: The big haul I never wanted.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The big haul I never wanted.

My father died, after a rough fight with cancer - apart from being a great dad he was also my best friend. We both collected watches, and my fondest memories of him is going to fleamarkets looking for hidden treasure.

Dad was a bit of a horder, not garbage mind you but good quality items. And one of his passions were watches, I'll conservatively estimate that he left 150-200 of them. We both talked about downsizing our collections and only keeping the best, but it's not that easy:) I will have to get rid of a large part of it, and only keep the best ones though.

I don't personally know anyone who is interested in watches, especially vintage ones - so in this thread I will periodically share some of my father's most priced possessions, as I get around to sorting them - these are the ones I cannot part with, I know where each were bought, I know what he paid and I know we had a great time finding them.

There isn't anything terribly expensive or rare, but they are IMO good honest vintage watches that I feel should be shared, they were important to him, and even more so to me.

I'll start with this lovely hummer - Omega Constellation 198.0028 I have the original box as well.

Name:  20181015_142703.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  3.05 MB

Re: The big haul I never wanted.

My condolences for your irreparable lost. I think it is a great hommage to your father to share your joint collection here, plus it will help you to get through your mourning process. For sure a great contribution to the forum too, thank you
    tempus fugit ergo carpe diem

Sorry for your loss...

Looking forward to seeing his collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KasperDK likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm sorry to hear about your father's passing. I can only hope my children find my "treasure hunting" just as endearing as you. It's a running joke in the car while out of town that I'm scanning the roadside for thrift stores and yard sales... They're not incorrect. :D
    KasperDK likes this.
    Philippians 4:6 -Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

I’m so sorry to hear about your dad, I think it’s a lovely thing you’re doing showing his collection here.

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD
    KasperDK, v8chrono and esdy_11192 like this.
    " I can't wear this uniform, without some compromises "
    Chesney Hawkes

"I larf, I Larf, I wee I pants, I make I leg go rusty."
    ​Me

I'm sorry for your loss. :( You got a really great idea with this thread. Nice way to pay him and his passion a tribute.

I'm sorry to hear about your father, the battle he had been through, and for your great loss... This is very touching what you wrote, how you knew where he bought each one, having great time finding them, and especially the way you call it - our collection. This is what him and you shared, same passion for watches.
    I will be gladly visiting this thread, when you post dad's and yours watches here.
    busmatt, KasperDK and JOSE G like this.
    -- Mimi --

My condolences on the loss of your father. I look forward to seeing his watches as you show them.
    busmatt and KasperDK like this.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Hi Kasper,

Great that you can call your father your best friend. Like others I will look forward to seeing his collection.

Regards,

My condolences for your loss. I lost my own father to cancer, so I know that is a bad way to go. To everyone else here, if you are not getting whatever regular health screenings you should, get them ASAP.

As I type this, I am wearing the watch the watch I remember my father wearing almost every day for as long as I can recall, and which is now my every day watch. That connection exceeds the value of the watch.

At least dealing with 150-200 is manageable, done a little at a time, particularly knowing he probably bought watches worth buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    busmatt and KasperDK like this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information