Bit puzzled by this!!

Thread: Bit puzzled by this!!

Bit puzzled by this!!

I've been watching an old Tissot Navigator watch on Ebay for the last few days, but not knowing everything about what Tissot produced during this era, I've been left a bit puzzled by this one, so hoping someone can help me out.

The watch is a Navigator, in the same case as the piccy below, which with a date window houses a Valjoux 7734, and without the date, a 7733 as far as I remember??

This one, even the the chrono dials etc all look the same, has got a Lemania 872 mov't!!

Here's the link... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...torefresh=true

It's been sold now, and this is certainly the first one of these I've ever seen with this mov't, so is it an original, or has it been messed about with??

Re: Bit puzzled by this!!

Looks original to me... about this time Tissot and Omega shared movements. This was a reworked Lemania.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    Looks original to me... about this time Tissot and Omega shared movements. This was a reworked Lemania.

Thanks for the reply!

I've got 3 Tissot watches with Lemania movements, inc 2 Navigators with 1341's, but also got 2 Seastar/Navigator chronos with exactly the same case, dial, sub dials etc as this, but with Valjoux movt's inside, so was just a bit suprised to see one turn up with a Lemania mov't in, as didn't know they'd ever produced one?!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMonkey View Post
    I've got 3 Tissot watches with Lemania movements, inc 2 Navigators with 1341's, but also got 2 Seastar/Navigator chronos with exactly the same case, dial, sub dials etc as this, but with Valjoux movt's inside, so was just a bit suprised to see one turn up with a Lemania mov't in, as didn't know they'd ever produced one?!!
    Very lucky indeed~Cheers!

Looks original..

You may see on eBay that many sellers advertise Tissot (older models) as Tissot-Omega

igorfiume

Quote Originally Posted by igorRIJEKA View Post
    Looks original..

You may see on eBay that many sellers advertise Tissot (older models) as Tissot-Omega
    Yep, I've seen a few of them.......usually quite early one's from when they merged I think?!!

It's just this is a more modern case that usually houses one kind of mov't (Val) that turns up with a different one!!

I agree it all looks ok........it's just the first one I've ever seen!!

Thanks for the replies

Thread Information