Bow Stamp on gunmetal timer ?????

Thread: Bow Stamp on gunmetal timer ?????

RTB

Bow Stamp on gunmetal timer ?????

Hi all ! Brought this nice timer from a cool Devon UK. seller, had already tracked the Brevet #74243 to Berna Watch Co. 1910. Works great, first push of crown starts, second push stops, third push re-sets to '0'. Think they cal them 1/2 chrono. but not sure ? I know they used some of this type for light houses but that's about all I know so far ;)
    Can see a stamp on the bow in capital letters PR. I've had no luck finding an answer to this stamp, any thoughts would be welcome.
    It also looks like the tail of the big main hand(seconds hand) is broken off, so I'm guessing it should have the blue Berna type with the circle or 'O' at the end of the tail ?
    Thanks for looking :)

PS, also are these pics too big for the forum & should I start resizing even smaller ?....newbee :) :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Bow Stamp on gunmetal timer ?????

Are there any stamps on the inside of the caseback? The bow isn't something you'd normally want or need to stamp; it's just a thick piece of wire really.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

RTB

Thanks for asking,....the inside of the outta case cover only has the # 3028781 & a couple of scratch service/repair marks....T1453......
    & a harder to see & smaller one....ELT0513. Inner cover has only the same matching serial/case # on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

RTB

Got a chance to clean off all the access glue from around the bezel finally which of coarse was holding in the under sized crystal :( Luckily I have a small collection of vintage crystals. Would have liked to fit a extra thick but didn't have one amongst them so this one will keep her safe for now(probably leave the sticker on for the same reason too). Until I spot some more on the bay ;)

The reason for bumping this is I have another tuff question about the only lead I have on this 'PR' stamp............

Has anyone got any examples, pictures or links to a makers mark attributed to Paul Raff, German watch maker/jeweler/importer, being that the brevet on this is 1910 & the fact that Paul Raff had allegedly been involved in supplying the German military time pieces at one point & the 1/5th style of markings on this dial, I'm wondering what some of his early stamp marks etc. may have been ?
    I'm aware he used 'Para'( & that he used it for the first two letters of each name) & 'Parat' right around this time & while helping to start up 'Pallas" Deutsche Uhekooperation in Pforzheim Germany. "(I think)"
    from what I've read........but I'm not finding earlier examples anywhere. There must be more about him somewhere before all this started I would hope ;)

So any help following this slight lead would be appreciated :)
    Thanks for looking & wading though it. :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information