Breitling Chronomat 769....If You Had to Choose One...
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Breitling Chronomat 769....If You Had to Choose One...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

EDIT - OBVIOUSLY BREITLING SHOULD BE IN THE TITLE. - nicely fixed by Mirius.

My mother always told me, 'if I had another brain, it would be lonely' !!!! SDA

In the end, this may be a question for the resident Breitling expert and collector extraordinaire, Watchfred, but Ok two Breitling Ref 769, 217012 watches - assume the hallmarks and movements are all original with no issues - if you had to choose, which one ...and why.

Prices aren't that different, so that's not the main factor and not the primary point of the discussion....

Both are described as original dials - I assume looking at them, both hour and minute hands are original ? Some of the chrono hands seem to be non original ....

Thoughts ? Cheers ! Scott

Sent from SDA's iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sdasurrey; June 7th, 2015 at 11:59.
    'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

__________________________________________________ __________
    My 'Show-Piece' - Zenith El Primero 'Red' Captain Ltd Edition #255/500
    My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    My 'Fav' 1917 Silver Moser Trench
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

Re: Breathing Chronomat 769....If You Had to Choose One...

Purely visually number 2 .

Because it has way more contrast. Nr1 looks 'flat' to me colourwise.
    Vintage Chronographs and Divers are my thing.

Breathing Chronomat 769....If You Had to Choose One...

Quote Originally Posted by GhentWatch View Post
    Purely visually number 2 .

Because it has way more contrast. Nr1 looks 'flat' to me colourwise.
    GW - yes, like the black centre dial version that also has the red round centre indicator - like this other one - those versions of the dial have more contrast generally and there seems to be more 'fade' anyway in the gold version dial, SDA

Last edited by Sdasurrey; June 6th, 2015 at 14:24.
    'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No.2. The steel case looks much better with this dial and case design.
    Sdasurrey likes this.

Both dials look good and original,the top(gold version)looks to be faded especially the central scale.As to the hands,you are correct the subseconds in the top one is wrong,but the others look correct.I`m not sure but maybe Watchfred can confirm,but i think the chrono seconds hand should have a small counter weight on the short end,but given these are shorter than typical chrono hands i may be wrong.Both look great and if i had to chose the stainless steel one,Why?because the splash of red on the center scale looks uber cool.Hope you get a bit more advise than my feeble ramblings.

Apollonaught,
    Sdasurrey likes this.
    "There are many paths leading up the mountain,but the view from the top is the same."

Quote Originally Posted by Apollonaught View Post
    Both dials look good and original,the top(gold version)looks to be faded especially the central scale.As to the hands,you are correct the subseconds in the top one is wrong,but the others look correct.I`m not sure but maybe Watchfred can confirm,but i think the chrono seconds hand should have a small counter weight on the short end,but given these are shorter than typical chrono hands i may be wrong.Both look great and if i had to chose the stainless steel one,Why?because the splash of red on the center scale looks uber cool.Hope you get a bit more advise than my feeble ramblings.

Apollonaught,
    Nick - thanks ! Not rumblings, but always good thoughts ! Hope the other trench arrives 'down under' this next week ! Cheers, SDA

Apollonaught likes this.

Vint. Forum Co-Moderator Mirius's Avatar

Re: Breitling Chronomat 769....If You Had to Choose One...

Autocorrect will get you every time.
    Sdasurrey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdasurrey View Post
    Nick - thanks ! Not rumblings, but always good thoughts ! Hope the other trench arrives 'down under' this next week ! Cheers, SDA

Awesome!
    Sdasurrey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirius View Post
    Autocorrect will get you every time.
    M - thanks for the fix !!!!!! SDA

I'd have the first one, purely a personal choice but it looks like it was loved and worn by someone for years, which in turn probably means it was a reliable watch

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD
    Sdasurrey and Paleotime like this.
    " I can't wear this uniform, without some compromises "
    Chesney Hawkes

"I larf, I Larf, I wee I pants, I make I leg go rusty."
    ​Me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information