Breitling on ebay

Thread: Breitling on ebay

Breitling on ebay

I see a lot of Breitling Chronomat watches on ebay, but I am wary of buying them. Can anyone attest to legitimate sellers? I am looking at one watch that was posted for sale by two sellers at the same time (europeak23 and watchpros01us). same serial number, just different bezels. Sounds kind of fishy to me. Difficult to hand over $4000. ANyone ever used Paul Duggan a retailer out of Boston with an online business?

Breitling on ebay

Def fishy. The Breitling group has a fake buster forum you can try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Breitling on ebay

Two listings from different sellers of the same watch is a red flag, i'd stay away. sure it's the SN, not the ref number though?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Had a look at the offer of both sellers, and:
    1. No movement pictures.
    2. Both watches are contemporary, so the Breitling fake buster forum is the better place to enquire about whether these pieces are genuine or not.
    3. I don't want to be judgemental, but all of these Chronomats could be contenders to the unofficial title of the King of Bling.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't touch a Breitling from anyone but an authorized dealer. You pay a bit more,
    but you're not buying someone else's problems.
    I suppose buying vintage may be another matter, ebay just seems too risky to me, the second
    hand market is just so full of fakes, and people who just plain don't know what it is
    they are selling, even with the best of intentions.
    " I like Chiken farming and old clock " --- Anon

I wouldn´t spend so much money on ebay probably, but how this could be fraud? Breitling Navitimer Chronograph Automatico | eBay Positive reviews, PayPal.

I prefer local face to face bussiness. But you never know, once I dealed with buyer for citizen eco drive. I gave him receipt, we went to shop, where they even remembered me buying watch, but it wasn ´t enough for buyer. He pointed that even shop could have fake goods unwilingly. He wanted to open the watch and check the eco drive movement.
    Last edited by kapybarus; December 1st, 2015 at 02:08.

Quote Originally Posted by valb View Post
    I see a lot of Breitling Chronomat watches on ebay, but I am wary of buying them. Can anyone attest to legitimate sellers? I am looking at one watch that was posted for sale by two sellers at the same time (europeak23 and watchpros01us). same serial number, just different bezels. Sounds kind of fishy to me. Difficult to hand over $4000. ANyone ever used Paul Duggan a retailer out of Boston with an online business?
    All Chronomat shown by the two sellers you mention are authentic - none are "vintage"

it would be surprising if the basic model reference wasn't the same ? neither of the listings show a serial number, as far as I can see - and those could not be the same, of course.

Paul Duggan is known to be a very reliable seller.

and let me add that this thread shows quite a bit of ill informed prejudice.

Thread Information