Buler "Monte Carlo"

Thread: Buler "Monte Carlo"

Buler "Monte Carlo"

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I recently acquired a Buler Monte Carlo very cheap!! It appears to be broke, possibly over wound or in need of a general service. I believe these movemnets have to be removed through the glass as they have sealed Noryl cases? Does anyone have any idea where i could get this serviced,(17 jewel manual movement, Swiss) and where i could locate an original Noryl/plastic strap? Any info on these watches would be appreciated, (i believe some where badged up : San Marino and Grad Prix also) as info and photo's of these watches seems to be thin on the ground, even over the net.

Many thanks Lee H.

Re: Buler "Monte Carlo"

Welcome. Believe it or not if you send a message to Buler they'll point you in the right direction to fix it. They had a person that would fix mine for $50. After thinking about it, though, I figured I could get a Swatch Watch or a designer watch for the same price and it'll look more modern so I never got it fixed.

Good luck!

Here's a picture of mine. I put a rubber watch band on it after the plastic one broke.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, I'll get in touch will Buler. I've enquired to a few online watch servicing outfits and they dont wanna touch it because of the sealed case and having to access the movement through the glass. I think its a really nice looking watch! I'm guessing the picture of yours was when it had it's original strap? Any idea on the quality of the movement and how reliable it is? Yours also looks like it has a slightly curved second hand?!

Thanks again lee H.

Hi, the second hand isn't actually curved. I took the "photo" with my flatbed scanner while the second hand was still able to move. Its since stopped working. You're currect that it was the original band that has since broken in two. I like the rubber band I purchased because it has red stitching and it matched really well.

My copy was from 1978 and it kept okay time when I first got it, but it had a tendency of stopping for some reason. I "refound" the watch a few years ago and wore it a couple times (hence the broken strap) and it was keeping pretty good time until it finally died.

I'm sure you already know, but the Bueler watch we have was one of the first all plastic case watches on the market.

If you do a Google search you can find out more about the watch.

Buler Grand Prix watch

Buler - The Watch Forum

Thread Information