Bulova Accutron - Not sure about this dial?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr.Fu Manchu
  • 1 Post By DaBaeker

Thread: Bulova Accutron - Not sure about this dial?

Bulova Accutron - Not sure about this dial?

Name:  $_57 (11).JPG
Views: 95
Size:  444.6 KBAnyone care to venture an opinion? I think the lettering looks a bit off?
    Last edited by Edinburgh1066; August 25th, 2015 at 03:35. Reason: Put pic back up
    7 Casio, 3 Seiko, 1 Tissot, 1 Wittnauer, 2 Citizen, 2 vintage Benrus, 2 vintage Caravelle, 1 vintage Helbros day-date, 1951 Bulova "Ruxton", 1 Momo Design Etc Etc. Excited about my latest "project watch" a 1961 Wyler Incaflex Dynawind 660 Diver.

Re: Bulova Accutron - Not sure about this dial?

Please ignore. I've found quite a few from the same year with the same style of font.
    7 Casio, 3 Seiko, 1 Tissot, 1 Wittnauer, 2 Citizen, 2 vintage Benrus, 2 vintage Caravelle, 1 vintage Helbros day-date, 1951 Bulova "Ruxton", 1 Momo Design Etc Etc. Excited about my latest "project watch" a 1961 Wyler Incaflex Dynawind 660 Diver.

Been collecting Accutrons for over 5 years, that's legit. I had that exact same model but in white. A quick look through eBay for similar models and years will show you they used that font often. I found it to be more on the 'cheaper' looking ones.
    Edinburgh1066 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The dial seems correct at first sight, but the lettering is a bit strange, especially the 'V' in Bulova and the 'N' at the end of Accutron. One would need a sharper picture to say more.

What would also be of interest to see, is a picture of the movement.

Bulova was playing around a lot with the 'Accutron' or the Bulova logo in different places. I have a few of them and I am now concentrating only on 'no day/date' models. The tuning fork technique is what is fascinating, the day and date is rather trivial in this respect, with the disadvantage, that a lot of day/date disks are coming along worn or damaged, often caused by previous owners when setting at the wrong time.

On all the Bulova Accutrons I have, I can use the new 1,5 Volt cells without any problem. The old 1,35 Volt types are not commonly available anymore, which can cause problems with other tuning fork watches.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Border-Reiver; August 24th, 2015 at 11:29. Reason: image added

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Original poster: please restore picture otherwise the thread is worthless (and will be removed). Please note that it is against forum regulations to edit posts substantially and change/affect the course of the discussion.

Hartmut Richter

[QUOTE=Hartmut Richter;19485386]Original poster: please restore picture otherwise the thread is worthless (and will be removed). Please note that it is against forum regulations to edit posts substantially and change/affect the course of the discussion.

Sorry, I took the pic down as it was attracting too much attention to the eBay auction. It's mine now. I've probably paid far too much for a non-running watch!

I do see a crooked 'A' in Bulova but it could be a distortion in crystal. At first glance nothing struck me as off and the dial-if it was reworked-was done long ok. I would only want to see a pic from different angle of last A in BULOVA.
    Edinburgh1066 likes this.
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Thread Information