Bulova/Saxon

Thread: Bulova/Saxon

Bulova/Saxon

Bought this with the Altus Bienne as a 241 deal, To be honest I bought them really for the fullsteel case on this Bulova Caravelle, I am sure the Saxon dial and UMF? movement were fitted after the original was broken or water damaged (the case/back looks almost brand new).
    The case back states CARAVELLE STAINLESS STEEL AUTOMATIC N2, inside the back there is the number 7036 in a rectangle and below it CARAVELLE WATCH DIVISION BULOVA WATCH Co SWISS.
    Does anyone know which dial movement combination was most likely fitted to this as the case deserves it's intended movement/dial back, also the Saxon one isn't running anyway.

Re: Bulova/Saxon

If the dates codes are the same as Bulova then it would be a movement in production in 1962.

Later than I am familar with. Measuring the area where it has to fit would give you the size to look for.

Hope that helps.

There is a spacer ring inside the case that looks original and the Internal Diameter on that is 27.32mm, so I guess a Bulova automatic to suit would be a 11 BL though it seems a bit small at 25.6mm?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I looked through Dr Ranfft's site all of the 12.25''' movements were slightly larger and all of the 12''' movements were a bit small at 26.6 to 27.07. the movements that were 27.07 were all pin lever. Perhaps the movement ring is not original to the watch.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

The spacer is not the usual Ruhla type so I think there is a good chance that it is original to the watch.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

No the spacer does appear to match the case it also has 3 IIRC 'expansion' slots cut into it which I am sure I have seen on other Bulovas.

Thread Information