Bulova vintage Lcd

Thread: Bulova vintage Lcd

Bulova vintage Lcd

Hello,

i have this vintage Bulova but i can't find any information about it

the movment has the classic 2 slot battery like the accutron, i guess if also this lcd has a diapason sistem

it's interesting that on the back there's a label reporting 11 . 76 ,....

what do you think about it? i like it but i don't know nothing about digital watches
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Bulova vintage Lcd

The Accutrons tuning forks only had one battery slot, but in the early days of LED/LCD, you needed more battery power (certainly for LED). 392 might be the battery number.
    Nice vintage LCD.
    "My grail showed up today"

Quote Originally Posted by mrsnak View Post
    The Accutrons tuning forks only had one battery slot, but in the early days of LED/LCD, you needed more battery power (certainly for LED). 392 might be the battery number.
    Nice vintage LCD.
    Years ago I had LCD watch with 2 battery slots. First was for the watch module and the second only for LCD backlight (energy consuming micro incadescent bulb).
    Unfortunately huge leak from poor quality battery demaged this watch completely.
    your "local" chemist

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

intersting info... i've tried and the screen works with its own battery

the market value for this piece is really low? it's worth to spend money to make it look better?

thank you

LCD (liquid crystal display) watches were the second wave of Silicon Valley watches. The first wave, LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes), required substantial batteries and needed to be activated to be read. LCDs drew much less power and could be read in lighted conditions. The inclusion of the light bulb system was done to address the night vision problem.

11/76 is about correct for the first LCDs. Unfortunately I find LCDs damaged by leaking batteries are difficult to revive and I never assume one can be made to work again.

There are several specialty websites for these watches.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

It's a niche market, and unless you have a very desirable model, they are not worth a lot.
    They are certainly fun.
    I just bought myself a NOS LED that uses a modern battery.
    To avoid leaking batteries, only use quality brands like Eveready or Duracell.
    Avoid cheap ones like Renata (which are the ones that most mall watch dealers sell).
    Battery technology is much better today than years past.

Quote Originally Posted by Marte View Post
    intersting info... i've tried and the screen works with its own battery

the market value for this piece is really low? it's worth to spend money to make it look better?

thank you
    "My grail showed up today"

thank you for all the answers

in my opinion this should be a good quality watch because it still working althought it has many wear on it and at least look fine, so probably these are cheap watches but at least not junk watches

i've seen the prices on the net but the value is really low so i'm enjoying it

Hi
    I have a watch with the same module (Nepro, posted in the "who is wearing vintage" -thread. I had to clean it up to make it work. But the left button isn't worling (yet) What does it do on your watch? Is it the stopwatch? Mine seems to run to 10 minutes and then restart.

Quote Originally Posted by restless View Post
    Hi
    I have a watch with the same module (Nepro, posted in the "who is wearing vintage" -thread. I had to clean it up to make it work. But the left button isn't worling (yet) What does it do on your watch? Is it the stopwatch? Mine seems to run to 10 minutes and then restart.
    the buttons on mine doesn't work! it only shows the time

Thread Information