Burns & Gosser Pocket Watch - Info Needed

Thread: Burns & Gosser Pocket Watch - Info Needed

Burns & Gosser Pocket Watch - Info Needed

Does anyone have any information on Burns & Gosser? I bought a pocketwatch by them a few months ago and I can not find any information on the web. Unfortunately,I also have sent it to my watch guy to fix a winding issue so I don’t have apic readily available. He isn't familiar with the maker / brand either. Workingoff of memory, the movement is 17j - 23j, signed Burns & Gosser,demaskeened, gold train, open face, size 18, stem wind. The dial is porcelain,roman numerals (black), seconds at the 6, single sunk dial, and marked incursive type writing with Burns & Gosser (blue or black) on it. Case isgold filled, open face, detailed engraving all around the case. No train typeengravings. Mostly just intricate detail with scrolls and Fluor delis (sp) typestuff.

Any help would be awesome.

Ryan

Re: Burns & Gosser Pocket Watch - Info Needed

Burns & Gosser seems to have been a jeweler in Coshocton, Ohio. See this link and search the text for "Burns & Gosser", they are mentioned as being in operation in the 1890ies. So this will be a private label watch. Without pictures of the movement it will be impossible to tell more.
    Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

Re: Burns & Gosser Pocket Watch - Info Needed

Erik,

Thanks for the info. That is the type of information I was looking for. When I get the watch back, I will take some pics. I just added the detail of the watch for additional info on my part.

Ryan

Thread Information