WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Buying help Seiko UFO

759 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bamadadof3 
#1 ·
I’m going to take a look next week at what I’m told, is a 1973 Seiko Yatchman/UFO. I was hoping someone on here could give me some advice on what to look for when I check the watch out. The seller has sent me pictures but they are not very good. Lucky for me, he only lives an hour away. Also, could I get some advice on a reasonable price for the watch? He says he has the box, papers and the original bracelet. He also said he had it serviced at Seiko within the last year.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
#6 ·
There are some great videos on youtube that can help you know what to look for. Search 6138-0017 or ufo and it'll pull up a guy why works on them and he shows what to look at. If its been serviced don't believe it without paperwork. These are fantastic watches I own one and love it they are one of the few 70 era chronos bigger than 40 mm which for a big guy like me is a must. Note- if you buy it and wear it let the chrono run all the time its one of the few that it's actually better to let it run because of how the second hand is clutched. Less friction when running than stopped. Enjoy and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.