Calling all Hobbiest Watchmakers, your watchmaking rooms - participation please!

Thread: Calling all Hobbiest Watchmakers, your watchmaking rooms - participation please!

Calling all Hobbiest Watchmakers, your watchmaking rooms - participation please!

Anyone who is interested in the 'watchmaking' aspect of our hobby, a few amateurs (including me) have posted little movies/photos of our workspaces, tools and stuff over in the watchmaking forum.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f6/show...ce-697235.html

Anyone who wants to contribute theirs - please come over and do so. Its useful to share ideas, setups and maybe a little inspiration.
    Last edited by trim; May 27th, 2012 at 23:25.

Re: Calling all Hobbiest Watchmakers, your watchmaking rooms - participation please!

Hi K,

The 'watchmaking' forum is somewhere I have not really ventured as yet!!

But, I think over the coming year, it will be somewhere I need to visit.... still missing a few bits before I can service a watch fully. Just have not had the time - too much buying!!
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Re: Calling all Hobbiest Watchmakers, your watchmaking rooms - participation please!

Just been on the link and great to see all the equipment you guys own, its a shame mine all fits in one draw lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I posted this three years ago... the room has since filled up with so much stuff it got to the point where it was difficult to work in so it is now 'down for rehabilitation' (rehab get triggered when I start using the floor to 'temporarily' store stuff... I'm on my second rehab).

Things I learned: the paint on the floor wears off... the collection now needs security so the door is now 'difficult' to force (substantial reinforcement with multiple locks) and most of the watches are locked in a fireproof cabinet... a good organization on the tools is vital... don't store anything in the room you don't have to... lighting is critical... tabletop space is important and it needs to be height adjustable (somehow - I use drafting tables now).

Hummmm..... I guess I should have posted this in Watchmaking. Ok...
    Last edited by Eeeb; May 30th, 2012 at 05:12.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information