Came across an interesting Vintage Ulysse Nardin can anyone verify the movement? - Page 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Came across an interesting Vintage Ulysse Nardin can anyone verify the movement?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Came across an interesting Vintage Ulysse Nardin can anyone verify the movement?

To me, from the original time a saw it, watch looked a fake.
    I was surprised Roland thought it genuine.
    I think rotor is not original, nor other parts of movement, at best this is a 'marriage' movement or maybe even a 'franken' made up of odd bits and pieces.
    Personally I would not buy it
    adam
    dexvd likes this.
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Re: Came across an interesting Vintage Ulysse Nardin can anyone verify the movement?

Hi Adam,

Quote Originally Posted by HOROLOGIST007 View Post
    I was surprised Roland thought it genuine.
    Sorry for my humble English. I should better have written "both are indicators of authenticy" instead of "both indicate authenticy". Reads similar, but actually is different. After the pics I'm still uncertain whether the balance alloy is yellow or white. But finally I would not buy it either, not because the rotor was probably replaced, but more because I'd wait for a sample in better shape.

Generally I would not resist to pay a brand premium if the according maker actually added individual features to a generic movement, and not only provided a nice finish. UN for instance equipped some movements with Breguet hairspring, which was else not available. But if I wanted to have this AS calibre with its excentric rotor in my collection, I't prefer a mint Mido for half the price of a ruined UN, because they added their precision regulator:

Regards, Roland Ranfft
    Regards, Roland Ranfft
    dexvd likes this.

Thaks the explanation Roland
    Appreciated.
    We agree fake
    dexvd likes this.
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys, will avoid it and keep looking!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information