Camy Time Square: Question

Thread: Camy Time Square: Question

Camy Time Square: Question

I just picked up this Camy Time Square this week. The watch came with a generic strap that I quickly disposed of. I want to put a bracelet on it, but if you look at the lug detail, there seems to be an awfully tight squeeze between the tip of the movement case and where the springbars would go. Anybody with advice on whether or not this particular model was made to go with a specific curve-end bracelet?

Even better, if anybody here has a similar model, to post a pic for me to have a look?

Thanks!

Re: Camy Time Square: Question

It looks to me like a straight end would work... it would be under the 'lip' of the case so you wouldn't need the curved end.

But to get a bracelet that was the full width of the case, you would need one where the straight end was slightly more narrow than the rest of the bracelet. Tissot and Omega have done this...

One example I just got...

Another example (an Omega MC bracelet I finally found!!)...

Thanks very much. I just wanted to ensure that such a bracelet would work. Much appreciated!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I just got back from the watchmakers' and there is still too little space between the edge of the case and the springbar for a metal bracelet to fit in. Did Camy ever make an original strap that had really short, curved ends? I'm curious!

Quote Originally Posted by JKang View Post
    I just got back from the watchmakers' and there is still too little space between the edge of the case and the springbar for a metal bracelet to fit in. Did Camy ever make an original strap that had really short, curved ends? I'm curious!
    Maybe they only came with straps??
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKang View Post
    That is truly bizarre

A curved springbar is not possible, it would compromise the strength of it too much. Nor could any other kind of pin fit that case

I've encountered lugs that are very tight up against the case, and in some cases too tight for a heavy-weight leather strap, but never too tight for a steel bracelet. I can only guess that you either need a bracelet with very thin springbar tubes (i.e. not telescopic), or a strap of thin leather.

....or a custom made strap, which I am led to believe.

But this guy seems to have gotten it to fit.

Doesn't look like a thin strap either. The springbar doesn't seem to be straight though.

Looks a bit like the curved end strap here:

http://www.banda.com/catalogue.php?category=72

Hi -

Bingo: curved springbar. While you can buy such things, more often that not the watchmaker will find one a tad longer than needed and gently, every so gently crease it in two or even three places to match the curve you need. You need the extra length so that it still holds well despite the end pieces being off-center, and it only works on relatively large holes in the case. But it does work!

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

There certainly are curved springbars.
    I have a range of them, between 8 & 20mm long and in either 1.3mm, 1.5mm or 1.8mm thickness.
    Chascomm is right though, they are not as strong as a straight bar.
    The setup on your Camy is not uncommon.
    They are a pain in the lower back to get a metal bracelet to fit if the original is not available. Even fitting a leather strap is difficult, as it needs to be pretty thin and very supple at the ends.

Lots of luck getting something to fit. From memory, Edox and Roamer had some older models that were very similar in the way they were set up for bands. There will be many other brands which will do the job, the hard part is finding them...
    John

Thread Information