Camy watch

Thread: Camy watch

Camy watch

So a while ago i bought a camy watch and i posted here.. some of you made a couple of remarks about the dial. As seen in picture teh 6 is not perpendicular on the watch.. and the dot above the 12 is not in the middle.. but above 2. and it looks like this.
    Name:  DSC_3573 1.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  226.7 KB

after some research I found this which has the same marks.. so now i am confused.. is this how it suppose to be? is a a fake? sorry about the pic i found it like this but is visible enough to distinguish the similarities
    Name:  $T2eC16RHJHMFG+n)LY(NBR4GIcsz1w~~60_57.JPG
Views: 390
Size:  215.0 KB

also found this and two of them are alike. all have the same dial marks
    Name:  1_f.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  123.4 KB

All from different sellers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by LoveSexAndDrugs; July 16th, 2013 at 04:30.

Re: Camy watch

This is the one with the old Poljot movement right?

The best way to determine whether the dial and movement is genuine is to take out the movement and take off dial. If the dial has dial feet and it corresponds with the movement then there's a good chance the dial and movement is paired up correctly. However if there's no dial feet, or if the dial is glued onto the movement then it's most likely franken.

I noticed there's no "swiss made" on the dial, perhaps Camy was purchased out of Switzerland during of after the quartz crisis? In Beijing, I've purchased ETA and FHF powered Camys, and in the US I've come across AS powered Camys. Only in the UK I've observed poljot Camy. Could be a geographical thing.

Re: Camy watch

yep that's the one. indeed is no swiss marked. ok ill try to remove the dial. however is it possible to be so many franken on the market all looking the same?

Thread Information