Can anylne help identify this tissot watch?
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Can anylne help identify this tissot watch?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can anylne help identify this tissot watch?

Hi guys! I just signed up to see if there is anyone here who can help shed a little light on a watch i picked up at a flea market? I know its a tissot seastar (as it says it on the face) . Ive been unable to find any information about my exact type on google and wondered if anyone knew anything about it? Is it even real? How old and whats its value?

Thanks in advance ;)
    Name:  20150724_201334.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  889.9 KB
    Name:  20150724_201425.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  936.6 KB
    Name:  20150724_201453.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  2.31 MB
    Name:  20150724_201505.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  928.8 KB
    Last edited by danjeffries; July 24th, 2015 at 21:38.
    Shum likes this.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Can anylne help identify this tissot watch?

Welcome to Watchuseek. Going by the overall style, I'd say 1960s. The case back looks as if the watch has been worn on a one-piece nylon strap for quite some time which has left a pattern.....

Hartmut Richter

Thanks! It isnt actually working so im going to have to open it to reolace the battery (in assuming it is a battery and not automatic as its not so thick? ). Im thinking of polishing or even just replacing the screen if possible? Then maybe ill sell it as its not really my style... any ideas of value once fixed?

Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Indeed 1960s with a high probability of a Tissot 781 movement under the hood. Does it run? Accurately?
    Original crown too, so polish it up a bit and get the crystal replaced. Wear it in good health.

-edit- Nope it's not a quartz (battery). It's a handwinder or manual wind. You should get it serviced/repaired by a watchmaker. We don't do valuations here, so can't help you there.
    Last edited by Vintage1982; July 24th, 2015 at 22:21.

It doesnt work unfortunately... i have looked online at replacement crystal screens.. i like the idea of doing that job myself (screen replacement) if possible? Do you know if it is a hard job?

We don't do valuations but to get top money out of it you need to buy some Polywatch and make the crystal shine and also change to a leather strap. I so look down on Nato straps (nylon) as they always damage the cased backs. If you open the back there is a number on the movement that will tell exactly what year it was made but mid 60's in my guess.

The value of the watch is also depended on the region as over here in Sweden it's not worth that much as we have so many of them but in for example USA it worth more then double.
    Last edited by Shum; July 24th, 2015 at 22:44.
    danjeffries likes this.

From the looks of it, it has a crystal with a tension ring. You would need to take the caseback off, remove the stem and crown and then remove the dial and movement. Then you could press the old crystal out with your thumbs. Then you would need to order a new crystal in exactly the right size and the right colour of tension ring and press it in with a crystal/caseback press. Then put everything back in again in reverse order. Sorry to disappoint you, but if you have to ask you probably should let a watchmaker do that.
    danjeffries likes this.

Hi,

The value is what You paid at flea market :) It is nice and quality but not special watch for collectors :)
    Cleaned up, polished, fixed and serviced it will look like new
    danjeffries likes this.
    Chaos is my focus

Quote Originally Posted by Shum View Post
    We don't do valuations but to get top money out of it you need to buy some Polywatch and make the crystal shine and also change to a leather strap. I so look down on Nato straps (nylon) as they always damage the cased backs. If you open the back there is a number on the movement that will tell exactly what year it was made but mid 60's in my guess.

The value of the watch is also depended on the region as over here in Sweden it's not worth that much as we have so many of them but in for example USA it worth more then double.
    Its funny you say that because sweden is exactly where i oicked it up at a loppis

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage1982 View Post
    From the looks of it, it has a crystal with a tension ring. You would need to take the caseback off, remove the stem and crown and then remove the dial and movement. Then you could press the old crystal out with your thumbs. Then you would need to order a new crystal in exactly the right size and the right colour of tension ring and press it in with a crystal/caseback press. Then put everything back in again in reverse order. Sorry to disappoint you, but if you have to ask you probably should let a watchmaker do that.
    Damn.. sounds like quite a bit of work and definitely not something i want to take on when i have no tools and have no knowledge or experience... better leave it to the pros and search around for someone to fix it .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information