Can anyone help me out with this vintage watch????

Thread: Can anyone help me out with this vintage watch????

Can anyone help me out with this vintage watch????

Name:  104_2452.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  86.2 KBName:  104_2451.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  87.4 KBName:  104_2454.JPG
Views: 181
Size:  98.7 KBName:  104_2458.JPG
Views: 181
Size:  87.1 KBName:  104_2456.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  91.4 KB

My Grandparents just handed it down to me and I would like to know if anyone has any information about the brand or its value. I have not had any luck finding any info about it.

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Can anyone help me out with this vintage watch????

Looks like one of those "Chronographe Suisse" to me.Try searching those words,and I'm sure you'll find everything that you need to know about this watches.
    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.portalsatova.com/forum/

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

I am not sure whether it's a "Chronographe Suisse". As far as I know, they used mainly Landeron movements - and, applying Dr. Ranfft's principle, this one seems to have something else (Venus or Valjoux). According to Dr. Ranfft, the Landeron movements don't form a perfect line between permanent second, centre of the watch, minute totalizer and crown centre - the first of these is slightly elevated and the third slightly below the horizontal. In this watch, the perfect line principle applies. Still, only a look at the movement will confirm this.

Fact of the matter is that it's a high class but relatively no name watch from the later forties or fifties with a high quality but generic chronograph movement. A nice heirloom, well worth keeping, looking after and wearing at least occasionally after it has been properly serviced.

Hartmut Richter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you very much for the information and the quick response! I am so grateful to have this handed down to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    I am not sure whether it's a "Chronographe Suisse". As far as I know, they used mainly Landeron movements - and, applying Dr. Ranfft's principle, tr
    Also-the landeron sub-dials are more spread out and almost touch the chapter rings. I agree that its probaly a venus or better yet-if its a lemania the op has a really nice piece there
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Thread Information