Can anyone provide info on a vintage pocket watch by D Edmonds of Liverpool

Thread: Can anyone provide info on a vintage pocket watch by D Edmonds of Liverpool

Can anyone provide info on a vintage pocket watch by D Edmonds of Liverpool

I have an interesting pocket watch which I believe to be early 19th century, It is made by D Edmonds of Liverpool and is numbered 9786. What is particularly interesting is the face has masonic symbols, unfortunately it is missing its hands. Can anyone provide further information on this maker, the type of watch etc.

Many thanks for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Can anyone provide info on a vintage pocket watch by D Edmonds of Liverpool

Loomes lists a D. Edmonds from Liverpool from 1775-1810.

Comments I made about your James watch apply here also. Pictures of the hallmarks and between the plates. Don't use flash, use the macro setting.

Here are pics of the mechanism, I will upload better pictures when I find my camera charger. would it be possible to get new hands for the watch? I will look up the hallmarks and post pictures as soon as I can

Thanks againName:  02012012515.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  366.1 KBName:  02012012517.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  392.8 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have just looked up the hallmarks, the city mark is the Birmingham anchor, and the date letter appears to be K which would be 1782. The makers mark is WH.

Thread Information