Can someone help me with a Dueber

Thread: Can someone help me with a Dueber

Can someone help me with a Dueber

When my uncle passed away I got his watch, I don't know if it was my grandfater's watch or my uncle's.

The watch works fine.

14 karat special goldfilled watch case SN 6203928
    open the case and the SN is 2054247
    has an adjustment for F - S
    Wording inside says Safety Pinion
    Canton, O.
    USA

Thanks for any help
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Can someone help me with a Dueber

Hi
    Your watch was made by the Hampden watch co,movements is a series 11 ,size 16 most likely it's in a hunter case is it lever set or pendent set when you open the front cover were the dial is there a lever you pull to set the time or do you pull the stem like today's watch to set the time and it was made around 1905 can not tell the jewel count bad photo.

I also found some more info in a book called american pocket watches by Roy Ehrharal and William Bill Meggers,Hampden Watch co 16 size-Hunter,gilt or nickel,Model 2 (Thick)-Lever set,2 peice dust band.Model 3 (thin)-Lever set,1 piece dust band Also with no stop balance cock
    Last edited by river rat; October 30th, 2008 at 07:26.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks,

I tried to take a really close up, I will try tonight to get a better photo.

You change the time like todays watches. The case has "fancy" etching on it.

The face is numbers 1 - 12

I don't know anything about watches, heck I can't change the battery in my watch without breaking something........ha, ha.....
    Last edited by DMIKE; October 30th, 2008 at 14:30. Reason: added

Hey Mike,

What you have here is a crown-wind, crown-set pocket watch. If you value this watch in any manner, kindly do *not* run it for any great length of time until you have sent it to a watchmaker to have it overhauled, that is, if you intend to use it.

The dial and needle with 'F' and 'S' on it is called the regulator. Turning it one way or another determines the length and flexibility of the watch's hairspring, which in-turn regulates how fast or slow the escapement moves, thereby making the watch move faster or slower and keep time more accurately.
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Thread Information