Can someone tell me what my what my Grandfather's Triple Calendar Moon Phase Watch is worth?
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Can someone tell me what my what my Grandfather's Triple Calendar Moon Phase Watch is worth?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can someone tell me what my what my Grandfather's Triple Calendar Moon Phase Watch is worth?

I don't like to ask for appraisals, but I'm worried that I will lose out due to my own ignorance. I know very little about my Grandfather's watch, except that he bought it in the early 1940's and wore it throughout his RAF days. It's not really to my taste, and it's a little too small for my big wrists. It's approximately 36mm in diameter. Its has a triple calendar (day, date, month) and a moon phase complication. It all works and keeps good time. Can someone please give me a rough estimate of it's worth. I've been offered £100 so far on eBay. Is this a reasonable offer? Thanks in advance!
    Name:  s-l16001.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  262.9 KBName:  s-l16002.jpg
Size:  156.7 KBName:  s-l16003.jpg
Size:  200.3 KB

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  258.5 KB

Re: Can someone tell me what my what my Grandfather's Triple Calendar Moon Phase Watch is worth?

I found the same watch on eBay for $77.00 if that helps at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Rolex Submariner 114060 — Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39 (Grape) 114300 — Breitling Superocean Heritage 46 — Oris Classic Date — Victorinox Alliance Chronograph — Casio G-Shock GW7900B-1 — Movado Juro — Citizen 1102-S65831 — Fossil Blue

Re: Can someone tell me what my what my Grandfather's Triple Calendar Moon Phase Watch is worth?

Sorry, that’s £77.00, not dollars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Rolex Submariner 114060 — Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39 (Grape) 114300 — Breitling Superocean Heritage 46 — Oris Classic Date — Victorinox Alliance Chronograph — Casio G-Shock GW7900B-1 — Movado Juro — Citizen 1102-S65831 — Fossil Blue

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes that's mine up for sale :) I had an offer of £100 before anyone bid. I was wondering whether to accept.

I have not shopped vintage triple calendars, so I can’t even guess. Just be prepared to factor the value based on whether it’s been serviced or not. (So when looking for comparable watches, check to see if they have been serviced.) I’m guessing it hasn’t, so that will ding the value. AND THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, if you take it upon yourself to have it serviced, look for a watch maker that is experienced in vintage pieces. The last thing you want is somebody to polish the case, replace hands, monkey with dial, etc… Erasing the original condition/patina will kill the value.

With all of that aside, keep the watch. It doesn’t matter if you don’t wear it now. You may come to appreciate the size and, more importantly, the family history and sentimental value of it. And based on the post above finding it on eBay For £77, it’s not monetarily worth much and is far from life-changing money. It may different if it were a several-thousand dollar Rolex or something and the money could be used for a family vacation or down payment on a house or a fun car. But less than £100 is not worth selling a piece of family history.
    Metlin and GhostlyProduct like this.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

I'll never understand.
    soaking.fused likes this.

Yawn. Another what’s it worth thread.
    soaking.fused likes this.
    Omega Seamaster 300m Ref 210.30.42.20.01.001
    Oris Aquis "Hulk"
    Citizen Eco Drive Calibre 8700

Moderator Public Forum soaking.fused's Avatar

One would reckon the watch would be worth more in sentimental value than the return gleaned on this sale.
    Last edited by soaking.fused; December 15th, 2017 at 01:21.

I have clearly said the ebay listing is mine. I'm not trying to generate interest if that's what you're trying to suggest. I simply want to make sure I'm not selling in ignorance. Thanks

Man - I cannot imagine giving this thing up for the price of a nice dinner. It is stunning, and even if you don't wear it, its something to have around. In 25 years where everyone is wearing the newest 36mm dress watch, you will be able to bust that thing out (WITH THOSE APPLIED NUMBERS!!) and bring the house down. "Oh this old thing? It was my Grandfather's - he wore it in his RAF days, and I keep it around for special occasions." Sorry, I'm no help an valuation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information