Car boot finds

Thread: Car boot finds

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Car boot finds

got these yesterday at a local car boot;
    An Ingersol /Triumph 1? jewel pin lever type movement, chrome plate is pretty good, the crystal should clean up ok as should the face...the hands look a bit rusty but may be ok? it keeps excellent time and ticks away noisily for about 18 hours on a full wind, second is a Guildhall again 1? jewel lever type , chrome plate on this is excellent as is the dial though one hand has been replaced, again it keeps good time.
    Last up is an Orion 'SEAL' 'Divers watch, this is in very good condition cosmetically but doesn't run as the balance spring is kaput, the friction bezel works fine and the case is chrome over brass, the back suggests a screw on but is in fact clip on though the diver engraving is quite good in a naive sort of way all three for £12, so a good day out.
    Dimensions are Orion 43mm x 43mm inc crown, Guildhall 35mm (inc crown) x 42mm and Ingersol 34mm(inc crown) x 41mm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by stefano34; July 4th, 2010 at 16:58.

Re: Car boot finds

A few more detail pictures of the Orion and Ingersol;

And a few detail shots of the 'Guildhall';

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great Buys... really like the Orion!

For me, the car boot finds are rare.... but last week i found this Beauty for £4 (seller was asking £5 ) and told me it was a battery watch!!

the crystal has seen better days - but looks far worse in the pics!

Congrats!
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

I like Seikos, there were a couple there yesterday without bracelets and they were Seiko specific and no doubt difficult to find, but then again they both ran ok, perhaps I will get them next week if are still available, love the dial ans style of your find.

Quote Originally Posted by stefano34 View Post
    I like Seikos, there were a couple there yesterday without bracelets and they were Seiko specific and no doubt difficult to find, but then again they both ran ok, perhaps I will get them next week if are still available, love the dial ans style of your find.
    Generally, a good condition (basic seiko) will sell for £30 on Ebay - nicer ones go for more... I was very lucky to find this Hi-Beat KS (King Seiko) which should have cost around £200
    I also found a nice Bulova (cost a bit more as the seller knew a bit about watches)

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...39#post3139839

If you can pick up those seikos for £4 each, im sure you would be on to a winner!
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

I think they were about £6 but I am sure I could get them for a fiver?they were both 1970's I think and both automatic though one needed a new glass and 'special' strap the other just a good clean and polish...wish I bought them now!

A few more detail pictures of the Orion and Ingersol;
    I have an identical Orion. I NEVER expected to see another. Low quality movement, but funky case. Mine is NOS but is in bits at the moment as it had a faulty setting spring from new. I can't find a photo at the moment
    Last edited by trim; July 4th, 2010 at 19:02.

I've cleaned this one up including the crystal and it looks almost new, a 8.5 out of 10, not sure wether to sell it on or to put a decent movement inside?

I've cleaned this one up including the crystal and it looks almost new, a 8.5 out of 10, not sure wether to sell it on or to put a decent movement inside?
    I was planning on swapping a decent movement in, but it is in my todo pile... In all honesty I don't know if I will ever get to it.

That said, the date window lines up on several of the ETA movements I checked, but I have not verified the stem height.

K.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information