Casio GMW-15 Moon Graph Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By gaboa

Thread: Casio GMW-15 Moon Graph Help

Casio GMW-15 Moon Graph Help

Hello,

sorry if im posting this in a wrong section! Please move it to where it belongs. Thanks.

So i bought a Moon Graph casio! Its an awesome watch and ive wanted it since i was a kid. Now im 35. :)

Ok so the watch was in bad condition(glass was totaly scratched....relay badly) Ive managed to polish the glass with sandpaper and toothpast. It looks like new now. Was blowen away with the results. No "Polywatch" or electrical Tool was needed. If someone is interested on how the steps and sandpaper corning was, give me a message.

So far so good!

My only problem thats left, is that the watch has no sound. Means no button sound and no alarm. Totaly quiet. Ive read the "missing/lost spring" solution. Where you have to replace the little spring if its not present and was lost. Ive opened the watch and there is indeed no spring. But ive opened up my TGW-10 tree graph casio and it also hasnt a spring but makes all the sound it needs to.

So my question is:

Is there someone here in the forum that has the moon graph GMW-15 casio and could tell me if there is a spring in the watch or not?

Would be so helpfull! And also if there isnt a spring, what could be the problem? Is the piezzo membran defective? Saw someone who replaced it in another watch who also hadnt the beep sound.

Thanks!

Bye

Re: Casio GMW-15 Moon Graph Help

OK Folks!

Ive finaly made the watch beep again. Took apart a springbar and took the spring out of it. Placed inside the watch an now it beeps like it should.

Anyway, now it works.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaboa View Post
    Hello,

sorry if im posting this in a wrong section! Please move it to where it belongs. Thanks.

So i bought a Moon Graph casio! Its an awesome watch and ive wanted it since i was a kid. Now im 35. :)

Ok so the watch was in bad condition(glass was totaly scratched....relay badly) Ive managed to polish the glass with sandpaper and toothpast. It looks like new now. Was blowen away with the results. No "Polywatch" or electrical Tool was needed. If someone is interested on how the steps and sandpaper corning was, give me a message.

So far so good!

My only problem thats left, is that the watch has no sound. Means no button sound and no alarm. Totaly quiet. Ive read the "missing/lost spring" solution. Where you have to replace the little spring if its not present and was lost. Ive opened the watch and there is indeed no spring. But ive opened up my TGW-10 tree graph casio and it also hasnt a spring but makes all the sound it needs to.

So my question is:

Is there someone here in the forum that has the moon graph GMW-15 casio and could tell me if there is a spring in the watch or not?

Would be so helpfull! And also if there isnt a spring, what could be the problem? Is the piezzo membran defective? Saw someone who replaced it in another watch who also hadnt the beep sound.

Thanks!

Bye
    ManOnTime, busmatt and James A like this.

TA DAAAAA!
    Nicely played, enjoy!
    Thank you, I'm flattered, but, please don't click any "Likes" for me (unless there's a prize for "most likes")?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.B. View Post
    TA DAAAAA!
    Nicely played, enjoy!

Thanks! Im enjoying it every day! So cool to see the watch showing the moon phase. Love this watch since my childhood.

Thread Information