Challenge: Please help me identify this watch
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Watchbreath

Thread: Challenge: Please help me identify this watch

Confused Challenge: Please help me identify this watch

Hi all, Iíve just been handed down a watch from my late grandmother, and Iím having a hard time trying to identify the watch.

I've posted to other forums with no reply, and Iíve only found 2 images of the same watch online via a google search, but the links did not provide a model or serial number.

All I know is that the watch was bought from a jewellers in the UK around the 2000's era, and the brand name seems to say Hermes, the exterior appears to be gold plated as its worn.

If anyone knows what type of watch this is, please let me know.

- Thomas.

Name:  IMG_4469.jpeg
Views: 39
Size:  890.2 KBAttachment 14215701

Re: Challenge: Please help me identify this watch

Hi Thomas,
    The watch does appear to say Hermes but I doubt it is "The Hermes" that we`d usually associate with goods at the luxury end of the market.
    If bought in the year 2000 it would not really be recognised as vintage and most watches would have a model name either on the dial or caseback if they had been given one by the makers.
    Your best bet may be searching eBay for similar pieces .
    You could hold on to it for sentimental reasons as a keepsake if you like it .I doubt it has much of a resale value (unless eBay sold searches suggest otherwise) due to the watches condition and the fact that it has a quartz movement .

Quote Originally Posted by demonfinder View Post
    Hi Thomas,
    The watch does appear to say Hermes but I doubt it is "The Hermes" that we`d usually associate with goods at the luxury end of the market.
    If bought in the year 2000 it would not really be recognised as vintage and most watches would have a model name either on the dial or caseback if they had been given one by the makers.
    Your best bet may be searching eBay for similar pieces .
    You could hold on to it for sentimental reasons as a keepsake if you like it .I doubt it has much of a resale value (unless eBay sold searches suggest otherwise) due to the watches condition and the fact that it has a quartz movement .
    That's what I've been thinking because it does not share the typography that most Hermes watches are branded with, 2000 is a rough guess, it could be older as I'm not sure if it was bought new or pre-owned. There is no inscription on the back, or around the case which I feel is strange, but I cannot find anything like it on eBay, and as I stated in my first post, I have only come across 2 other images of the same watch online, and I have even tried using google lens...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have found a similar watch on eBay, with the same branding. Appears you are right, and it isn't the Hermes I thought. A working piece retails for around £60.00

Looks like a typical cheap Chinese Quartz fashion watch with fake branding. (And not much effort put into it either!)
    Just because someone on eBay is asking 60, it doesnít mean that it would sell for that.
    I doubt itís ever been worth 60 of anything.
    Unfortunately itís probably worth no more than whatever sentimental value it holds for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar_917 View Post
    ^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
    So many watches, So little time...
    So many watches, so little time...

Got to be 60 Quatloos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black5 View Post
    Looks like a typical cheap Chinese Quartz fashion watch with fake branding. (And not much effort put into it either!)
    Just because someone on eBay is asking 60, it doesn’t mean that it would sell for that.
    I doubt it’s ever been worth 60 of anything.
    Unfortunately it’s probably worth no more than whatever sentimental value it holds for you.

So many watches, So little time...
    LosAngelesTimer likes this.

60 pounds maybe per 10 piece bundle not 1 piece?
    Chaos is my focus

Some of HermŤs quartz watches are expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m fairly certain I have that same watch in box somewhere and it has Timex on the dial. I’ll have a look.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Definitely not vintage, so I would shift this (probably to "Public"). However, since with that name on the dial, it is a definite fake, I will close the thread altogether.

Hartmut Richter

Thread Information