A cheapy, but a goody? Chunky Multi function 60's/70's? Swiss Tegrov Pics... Info??

Thread: A cheapy, but a goody? Chunky Multi function 60's/70's? Swiss Tegrov Pics... Info??

A cheapy, but a goody? Chunky Multi function 60's/70's? Swiss Tegrov Pics... Info??

Hi Gents,

And happy 4th of July to those of you over the pond!

Not Quite sure where to post this... i think it comes under vintage? I have just got a Swiss Tegrov watch. This is my second Tegrov, the first was very plain, gold plate - V.Ugly. The research i did on the brand before, was not the best, but i think this was a cheaper swiss brand from the mid 1900s and closed in the late 70s?

This watch in comparison to the last one is very weighty/chunky - 42mm wide (inc crown) and 47mm lug to lug! The last one also had a very plain dial with just a date at the 3 position. This seems to have everything thrown at it... starting from the outside - World time bezel, rotating outer ring to dial(timer), Tachymeter, 24 hour dial and day/date. Does anyone know what 7000 DR stands for on the dial????

What would this watch be classed as? sports watch?

Also, i dont have the tool to open up the case back, but i assume this will have a standard ETA movement? Has anyone seen one of these? own one? and confirm this? The day/date setting is very basic, going back and forth over the 12 sets the date, winding further back(to 11) sets the day. There is no quick set.

Any info on this watch or Tegrov?, idea of date?, like or dislike it? would be great to know. I know its not expensive and i paid peanuts for it... but i really like it! The pics below are a great advert for not taking photos in direct sun as the condition is actually 90% (or so) but the pics dont show it!

A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Re: A cheapy, but a goody? Chunky Multi function 60's/70's? Swiss Tegrov Pics... Info??

A mighty watch!

There's a little about Tegrov in this thread:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ghlight=tegrov
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Re: A cheapy, but a goody? Chunky Multi function 60's/70's? Swiss Tegrov Pics... Info??

Quote Originally Posted by Marrick View Post
    A mighty watch!
    Mighty as in big... not mighty as in great!?!

Thanks for the link... as i thought, a generic swiss brand - but still of some interest!
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Thread Information