CHRONOGRAPHE SUISSE - JUST BOUGHT - HELP

Thread: CHRONOGRAPHE SUISSE - JUST BOUGHT - HELP

CHRONOGRAPHE SUISSE - JUST BOUGHT - HELP

Hi, I paid $700 for this. 18k. Wonder if anyone can tell me if its a good piece. I just dont see any markings on the movement. Im a new collector.any opinion, thoughs will be much appreciated.thanks

Name:  5.JPG
Views: 4477
Size:  529.1 KBName:  2.JPG
Views: 4246
Size:  552.3 KBName:  $(KGrHqV,!iMF!)3Z-!kKBQVODSLq2w~~60_57.JPG
Views: 4132
Size:  316.3 KBName:  6.JPG
Views: 4808
Size:  469.9 KB

Re: CHRONOGRAPHE SUISSE - JUST BOUGHT - HELP

nice one, generally CS is sold for that price, being 18K gold is a bonus above it. The dial and hands look original to me, which is great. Its better that there are no markings on the movement, so nobody tried to frankenized it. Until end of WW II even early 50's most of the watches were not signed on the movement. Unfortunately chronorgaphe swiss is one brand that is mostly frankenized. yours looks all good to me. The Landeron movement looks clean and neat, not sure about the crown, but shouldnt bother even if replaced.use it in health. The crystal has been changed for sure, and this one suits perfectly to this vintage piece. Post pics whenever you add another timepiece into your collection, wish you luck in the journey .

The cases of these watches are often very thing, so 700 is probably at the upper end, but this is a very nice watch! The Landeron is reliable and spare parts are easy to get. 18K Chronograph Swiss are getting quite scarce, as so many have been molten down.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

thanks guys. appreciate the help and advise.
    i've been doing alot of reading and am trying to learn more on vintage watches..
    especially, reading up opinions , advise from u experts..
    cheers

You are welcome! It is quite a bold start to begin a collection with a golden chronograph...

i'm trying to actually have some focus.. narrowed down to 18k gold only ... and will concentrate on mainly dress watch..
    the chrono was my 2nd piece.
    I bought a 18k constellation last month..might give the chrono to my brother and and try get him hook on this hobby too..haha

btw, anyone knows if this piece is good? opnions will be greatly appreciated

Name:  Jules J.JPG
Views: 4036
Size:  94.8 KB

I do have a similar one, 13K, small, with ETA (?) - they are nice, but nothing special. The name goes back to a famous Danish watchmaker, as far as I know.

Thread Information