Chronometre Technos

Thread: Chronometre Technos

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Chronometre Technos

Hi again, I also picked up this technos wristwatch recently at the local flea market while doing some focused watch hunting with fellow WUS member MACz13. I believe it to be a 30s/40s watch; the chrome plated case looks very 'stowa antea like'. As with the buren, I would also appreciate a movement ID:

Thanks in advance,

Hazchrono

Re: Chronometre Technos

Its 1930s bauhaus style watch.I guess it has fixed lugs.Movement looks like Felsa to me.
    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.portalsatova.com/forum/

Hi -

One of the variants of the Felsa 158, most likely.

You can check against these measurements (from Dr. Ranfft's site):

8.75''', Dm= 19.45mm
    H= 3.55mm
    15 jewels
    f = 18000 A/h
    power reserve 35h

JohnF

PS: Not an exact match, but this calibre was made with varying bridge design over its life...and I have one in a similar-era Stowa.
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    ... I have one in a similar-era Stowa.

Really cant wait to see those bauhaus beauties of yours.

Regards!
    Last edited by jedanzoom; February 7th, 2010 at 16:33.
    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.portalsatova.com/forum/

thanks a lot for the help

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

While I am not certain, you may well have rather a rare watch. I have seem (pictures of) watches with labels such as "Technecium Le Locle". These are watchmaking schools where journeymen watchmakers finish their education to become a master watchmaker. In Germany (and presumably also Switzerland), the trade system is such that any master of a trade is required to complete a special piece of work in his field before he gets his title. Such watches are the "Meisterwerke", the sort of Ph.D.s of the craft world. They would normally remain the family of those who made them and only appear rarely on the open market. If this is what you have, you should consider yourself privileged!

Hartmut Richter

Interesting!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    While I am not certain, you may well have rather a rare watch. I have seem (pictures of) watches with labels such as "Technecium Le Locle". These are watchmaking schools where journeymen watchmakers finish their education to become a master watchmaker. In Germany (and presumably also Switzerland), the trade system is such that any master of a trade is required to complete a special piece of work in his field before he gets his title. Such watches are the "Meisterwerke", the sort of Ph.D.s of the craft world. They would normally remain the family of those who made them and only appear rarely on the open market. If this is what you have, you should consider yourself privileged!

Hartmut Richter
    Definitely so. A friend of mine, Mark Levy who graduated from the Technicum quite a few years ago has one he especially treasures, as he made it himself. (!) However the Technos brand itself is interesting because it started as a Swiss brand with the name registered by Gunzinger Freres in Oensingen in Switzerland. I'm not sure whether there is still a Swiss made Technos or not, but somehow the brand name got registered in Japan by a Japanese group, so there is a Japanese Technos. At the same time, there is also a Brazilian gropu that has registered the name Technos for their watches too. I've heard that Technos is the largest Brazilian watch manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by eeeb View Post
    interesting!
    +1

wow, interesting. what makes you believe that this watch is an example of a ''meisterwerke''?

thanks,

Hazchrono

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information