WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

City Bravur

5K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  watchbear-71 
#1 ·
I have a old watch from the brand "City". It was made in Swiss. I think it was from the 50s.

Does anybody knows more about the brand "City" or of the model "Bravur"?

Here are some pics:

Attachments

See less See more
G
#2 · (Edited)
Hi Watchbear-71, welcome to Watchuseek and welcome to the Vintage Watches Forum as well,

Imho "City" was kinda Private Label Brand in the 50ties. The dial looks like it could have been made in the late 40ties but I´d rate the watch to date from the 50ties.
As far as I know the brand City was registered in Sweden and (later in) Denmark, the watches have been produced in Switzerland. Couldn´t find any other source, "City" hasn´t been registered at the Swiss Chamber of Commerce which assures me that it was a Private Label Brand made somewhere in Switzerland an exported to the Northern Countries.

There has been one on auction latety at Henry´s auction house (Mutterstadt, Germany). Can´t find the catalogue back. Will have a look.

The movement shown in your pic is an AS 1130, known as the "Wehrmachtskaliber" but in a finished version.
You may search google for "Wehrmachtskaliber" in combination with "Knirim"or click here !
You may also check the ranfft database for more informations here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.