Colombier Watch Co., Switzerland, Model 89334 Pocket Watch_ I need info on this.

Thread: Colombier Watch Co., Switzerland, Model 89334 Pocket Watch_ I need info on this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Colombier Watch Co., Switzerland, Model 89334 Pocket Watch_ I need info on this.

I was given a pocket watch, It has "Colombier Watch Co." on it and also has the number"89334" stamped on the inside of the cover. It has a hour and minute hand, then a separate smaller dial for the second hand. I can't find any information on it, it's age or history.

Any Information would be great!
    Thanks,
    Dkroll
    [email protected]

Banned

Re: Colombier Watch Co., Switzerland, Model 89334 Pocket Watch_ I need info on this.

We need sharp pics of the watch, and movement!

BTW, Welcome to WUS!!

Re: Colombier Watch Co., Switzerland, Model 89334 Pocket Watch_ I need info on this.

I found out how to open the back cover, It says the same thing with an engraved " Z" above an engraved "2328" under it. I will post pictures as soon as my camera charges up. I also took the key and wound it up, it seems to keep fairly good time, (short term), I only wound up one of two whatcha ma call its. What are they? Why two?
    Last edited by Dkroll; January 3rd, 2011 at 01:53.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  miscpics 051.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  1.23 MBName:  miscpics 052.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  1.24 MBName:  miscpics 053.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  1.27 MBName:  miscpics 048.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  1.26 MBName:  miscpics 049.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  1.25 MB

Banned

Is not the middle one for adjusting the time (hands?)

Name:  miscpics 108.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  1.18 MBName:  miscpics 109.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  1.27 MBYes, it appears that it indeed adjusts the time. Here is a pic or two of the movements:Name:  miscpics 114.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  1.28 MB

I think the one in the middle is to set the hands and the other one is to wind the mainspring
    I'm a watchbreaker not a watchmaker.

looks a bit like a Longines...

With these pictures, can anyone tell me more info on this watch (ie. date, info, worth, history, references.)?? Or maybe recommend me to someone who might know these watches well?
    Last edited by Dkroll; January 16th, 2011 at 15:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkroll View Post
    With these pictures, can anyone tell me more info on this watch (ie. date, info, worth, history, references.)?? Or maybe recommend me to someone who might know these watches well?
    I have the identical watch with 131300 stamped inside the front and back covers. It works however I had to have the main spring replaced about 10 years ago. I also can find no info on age or value.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information