Completely priceless find for my collection. Just wow!! Boeing Accutron.
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Completely priceless find for my collection. Just wow!! Boeing Accutron.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Completely priceless find for my collection. Just wow!! Boeing Accutron.

Hey guys so for awhile I have had my Great Grandfather's Boeing Accutron watch for quite sometime and it works lovely (needs a new battery). It wasn't until recently a family member mentioned to me that we had a picture somewhere of him actually receiving the watch from the people at Boeing. Sure enough with some searching we found the picture! I can't explain how amazing it is to have this picture. He received the watch after 30 years of service in 1971 and I have the picture from the day he got it brand new. It is engraved on the back with the date, full name, and 30 years of loyal service. He wore it often so I was told, golfing, etc. Looks like in the picture it came on a leather strap, I am inclined to swap the twisto for a leather band since it looks like the lugs have worn slightly. He loved the twisto bands so it's kind of hard to swap them but to prolong the watch's life I will do so. This may be my best find for my watch collection ever!!
    Name:  20171107_230001_resized.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  737.3 KBName:  20171107_230027_resized.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  842.7 KBName:  20171107_230045_resized.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  597.3 KB

Re: Completely priceless find for my collection. Just wow!! Boeing Accutron.

Good god, get rid of that horrid bracelet, fer sure. Pick out a nice black leather strap.
    busmatt likes this.

Nice story great find. Enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Helioshiye likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You can get the pic touched up ( near to original) and it would be great framed
    Many say that a family watch is the best watch in their collection - I am envious.
    I wish i could think of something funny to put here.

Great priceless watch you have and yes place it on leather.
    busmatt likes this.

Cool memories and nice watch!
    Bobby - My original music! Check me out! Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...11CC8CC6093D80

You don't have to put it on leather. Simply look for a good condition(or NOS) gold colored expansion band with curved end pieces that is 18mm. The expansion bands that cause all the issues are the one band fits many sizes ones because they have spring loaded end pieces and depending upon how strong those are, the end links will grind down the lugs.

Get a nice gold colored one that has 18mm curved lugs and take a bit of sandpaper and give each side a couple of rubs to take care of any sharp edges and pop it in and you will be good to go. This honors grandfather without wearing the lugs.

I have an old gold filled watch that has been on one of these fitted expansion bands for years. There is wear on every part of the watch except the inside of the lugs where the band attaches.

Good luck with your watch. Is it gold?

Awesome. Priceless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome watch and great history!

Don't leave that band or any expansion bracelet on it. The spring loaded ends will carve into the lugs over time.
    busmatt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thoth View Post
    Awesome watch and great history!

Don't leave that band or any expansion bracelet on it. The spring loaded ends will carve into the lugs over time.
    Not all expansion bands will damage a watch. If he gets a expansion band that is the proper size(18mm) instead of a one band fits many sizes with the spring loaded end links then he should be fine.

Here is one of mine with a correct size expansion band. The watch is a 10K solid gold Hamilton Spencer with a period expansion band paired to it. This watch came with a leather strap when new but most people opted to have an expansion band put on at the store when the watch was bought. I think the expansion band makes this watch look more classy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Giotime and derids like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information