Complimenting Eberhard Vintage & Modern Watches...
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Complimenting Eberhard Vintage & Modern Watches...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

In my informal vintage collecting, I have found Eberhard, established in 1887 in La-Chaux-de-Fonds to have produced some very interesting watches.

Even though I don't have them all to take a family picture, as two are still in California at my Sister's (I'll pick them up in August) and one is at the Watchmaker being serviced, I picked up a more modern 'sibling' yesterday to go with my other 4 Eberhards, 3 of which are vintage - so I'm slightly 'cheating' here but of course there isn't a 'Misc Brand' forum as far as I know to post - and sometimes isn't it worthwhile to compliment vintage watches and their successors ??

So here are the 3 vintage Eberhards, a 40s steel chronograph, a 40s 18ct gold Extra Fort chronograph, a late 50s 18ct gold 'bumper' automatic and my newest, a White Ltd Ed Moonphase chrono with it's sibling, a Black Champion Chrono - very nice, high quality watches for 'good' prices - IMHO, cheers, Scott

Last edited by Sdasurrey; July 29th, 2014 at 13:41.
    'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

__________________________________________________ __________
    My 'Show-Piece' - Zenith El Primero 'Red' Captain Ltd Edition #255/500
    My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    My 'Fav' 1917 Silver Moser Trench
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

Banned
    According to Accutronitis and his BFF I live in Berkshire, but really I live in Derbyshire

Re: Complimenting Eberhard Vintage & Modern Watches...

Sweet, sweet eye candy. So tasteful and classy, Scott.
    busmatt and Sdasurrey like this.

Go on you all knew it would happen

Name:  IMG_1101_zpsdd33779d.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  72.3 KB

Thanks Scott for another chance to post this pretty little thing, Nice watches by the way.

Matt
    Sdasurrey and radger like this.
    " I can't wear this uniform, without some compromises "
    Chesney Hawkes

"I larf, I Larf, I wee I pants, I make I leg go rusty."
    ​Me

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Matt - yeah ! I thought about referencing yours in the thread because it's a little earlier, 'classic' Eberhard style I haven't found yet, plus it's a black dial (!) because I have been focused on the 40s/50s chronos - of course the bumper is a fairly dressy watch.

Okay now everyone needs to post their Eberhards !!

I need to keep my eyes out for one more like yours ! Cheers, Scott

Also even though they are round, your lugs are similar in style to the first steel chrono...
    Last edited by Sdasurrey; July 29th, 2014 at 14:07.
    'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

Quote Originally Posted by Sdasurrey View Post

Mmmm, what a nicee :)
    Sdasurrey and busmatt like this.
    Chaos is my focus

Quote Originally Posted by laikrodukas View Post
    Mmmm, what a nicee :)
    Laikrodukas - thanks - I know it's not vintage... But it was issued as a limited edition to celebrate 100 years for Eberhard - 1887-1987.

But for some reason there was also only one other bidder so I got it for 30% of the other prices I have seen for this watch.... In the first 24 hours, it's off 2 seconds....Scott

busmatt likes this.

I wonder why I do not find these 1 bidder auctions :D
    Sdasurrey likes this.
    Chaos is my focus

Quote Originally Posted by Sdasurrey View Post
    Okay now everyone needs to post their Eberhards !!

I need to keep my eyes out for one more like yours ! Cheers, Scott
    You heard the man let's see 'em.

Mine was one of those chance finds, I'd looked in the sellers watch case twice and he'd just put this one out after selling some when I walked by for the final time, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

Matt
    Sdasurrey likes this.
    " I can't wear this uniform, without some compromises "
    Chesney Hawkes

"I larf, I Larf, I wee I pants, I make I leg go rusty."
    ​Me

Thanks Matt ! Your lugs swivel right ? That's the style I was referring to ....

Quote Originally Posted by laikrodukas View Post
    I wonder why I do not find these 1 bidder auctions :D
    'L' - let me slightly clarify - there were 3 total but one one bidder went slightly above the offer price - only one was competing against me in the last 10 seconds but was 'short' of my max bid. That's one of the reasons I don't like waiting completely to the end of an auction because it doesn't give someone more leeway to 'probe' others max bids, leaving time to respond if you want... Cheers... Scott
    busmatt likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information