concord delirium
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: concord delirium

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

concord delirium

After the recent posts on thin watches, Moderator Eeeb suggested posting a copy of this thread already in HEQ into this forum also-so here it is.

I was recently fortunate enough to win this 18ct Concord Delirium in an auction of items "belonging to an Asian Collector" but seized by Customs and Excise.!!! :oops: Whilst i collect "ultrathin" quartz watches, this one at 3mm thick is on the max of what i personally regard as ultrathin. Pretty pleased with it though

Charon and esdy_11192 like this.

Re: concord delirium

Do you have any problem with the case flexing? 3mm isn't much metal!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

I've owned a few of these Deliriums (above)- in solid 18ct, plated and s/steel and never had a problem. i refer to these watches (easily identified as they have a winder/crown) as the fake Deliriums even though they are part of the Concord Delirium range of watches. The true "Deliriums" (generic watches) are thinner, -1.98mm and have no crown. I regularly wear these also and have had no problem with case flexing. If you read the blurb on the following ad from the early 80s, it states Concord even produced one measuring less than 1mm thick !! Now that one must have been a pig to look after

Jigga4040 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Are any of these still made? If not, I would not expect to find any vintage 1mm versions... I can't see how they would be likely to survive 30+ years... their mortality rate has to be high.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Concord still make Deliriums but much different ( ugly and thicker) than the originals. The ETA based Deliriums as per the Tiffany ad above are no longer made by any company. i personally have never seen a 1mm thick version-they were made by quite a few companies though-Eterna, Concord, Lassale. A contact in Eterna told me the 1mm version was never really a wearable watch as in 18 ct gold,(soft) you just could not stop them flexing .One further thing to add, as far as i'm aware its only Renata that make batteries for these, the 333, currently £30 a pop

Nice. Interesting. New to me

Good catch
    My YouTube channel | My ImageShack gallery

MY COLLECTION :
    Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD-PERREGAUX | JAQUET+GIRARD | LONGINES | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Japanese : CASIO | CITIZEN | ORIENT | SEIKO
    Russian : POLJOT | RAKETA | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    French : AVYSTYLE | HERMA | LIP | YEMA | YONGER & BRESSON
    German : AEROMATIC | GLASHÜTTE | TAUCHMEISTER
    Chinese : ALPHA | ARMIDA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | KASSAW | OHSEN | PARNIS | SANGDO | SEKARO | SMAEL | STEWAL | WINNER

I currently own the 1979 Concord Delirium 1 but have been unable to source a replacement battery-Renata 333 that you have mentioned. The original is interestingly gold in color and is a renata32. Can anyone source a few Renata 333 batteries for me please?? Help urgently needed..thnxName:  c1.JPG
Views: 1578
Size:  256.2 KB
    busmatt and Addictedtowatches like this.

................................................Beyond the Black Stump

I'm sure you've seen this already but it looks like you might struggle to find a NOS 333 battery or equivalent

Battery #333

Renata battery number 333 marked the thinnest watch battery that had ever been produced when it was released in 1980. It was developed by Renata in the late 1970s, at a time when the race was on to develop the world's thinnest watch.
    The original design was a silver oxide battery, Renata battery #33. However, this design was not successful and was soon scrapped by Renata.
    The design for the 333, which did prove successful to a limited extent, was a 2V lithium battery, which measured a mere 1mm in thickness. A 1mm thin battery was not possible, and still has not been proved possible, using silver oxide battery chemistries. The one drawback of this achievement, though, was that each battery had to more or less by assembled by hand in the laboratory. Volume production could not be achieved. The resulting batteries also had a very short shelf life and a small percentage would passivate, rendering them unusable, thus they were sold without warranty. After nearly 30 years of production, Renata ceased production of the 333 battery in 2008.
    Without Renata's lithium powered 333 battery, ultra-thin watches like the Concord Delirium would never have been realized.
    Glossary/Battery 333 - Alliance Horlogère

Name:  #2 Concord (2).JPG
Views: 1478
Size:  2.72 MB
    I own the above Concord Delirium (2 mm thick) watch and was not running for a long time. Finally, I obtained 5 Renata 333 type battery around 2 months ago.
    Since then this watch has been in and out a few watch repair stores. It includes Concord Factory repair store "Movado Group Inc." in New Jersey USA.
    I was told no more repair part for this watch. It is a very nice/beautiful watch. Any one know where I can have this watch fixed?
    Does it still worth to keep?

If you still need to know how to purchase the Renata 333 battery, please let me know.

"If you still need to know how to purchase the Renata 333 battery, please let me know."

Please let me know how to purchase the Renata 333 battery. Thanks a lot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information