Considering a LORD ELGIN BLACK DRIVERS WATCH (50s)

Thread: Considering a LORD ELGIN BLACK DRIVERS WATCH (50s)

Considering a LORD ELGIN BLACK DRIVERS WATCH (50s)

Hello! I just wondering if anybody here has any thoughts or experience with this watch: Lord Elgin Drivers wristwatches? I'm considering to buy this sort of watch! I just love the looks of it, its so nice! I think the one with the black dial is the nicest!

LINKS:
    MINT 1951 LORD ELGIN BLACK DRIVERS WATCH on MATCHING '58 BLACK GLASS/GF SPEIDEL | eBay

VINTAGE LORD ELGIN 21J DRIVERS WRISTWATCH CALIBER 626 | eBay

Regards

nome93

Re: Considering a LORD ELGIN BLACK DRIVERS WATCH (50s)

There are many of these on Ebay at any given time, so I'd advise watching for a few weeks before jumping. You can get them for a lot less than either of those. Also, both of those have the band on the wrong side of the loop. Here's how Elgin advertized them in 1951.

Elgin made these from around 1938 till 1951, so you can find them with every series of 15/0 21j movement. Early ones came in yellow or rose gold fill, with black, white, and rose dials.

They're really small in person, so depending on if you're a guy, you have to be comfortable wearing a watch smaller than most women's watches of today.

EDIT: Mine's one of the first series, from 1938. It's got a 538 movement, with a dust cover...

Last edited by GeneJockey; May 27th, 2012 at 17:57.
    Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent - Pogo

My Elgin Blog...

Re: Considering a LORD ELGIN BLACK DRIVERS WATCH (50s)

Thank you for your respond! Okay, I will look more on eBay further on! I have a slim wrist and have no problem wearing smaller watches! I got inspired after seeing a couple of Jerry Lewis movies! Lewis is always wearing such watches!

Thread Information