cortebert 528

Thread: cortebert 528

cortebert 528

well, I'm hoping someone here can provide some info.
    I've got an old Cortebert watch left to me by my Great uncle 40 years ago, the movement is a 17 jewel CAL.528
    I've have found little to nothing on this particular Movement.
    In side the back case it is stamped Star Case Watch Company, 10KT gold filled.
    The watch was in perfect working order when it was given to me, long story short, after it was stolen in 1993, I have recently got it back, and it is in bad shape.
    The winding Crown is missing, the yoke spring is either not working or not there, the hair spring is buggered up bad, two screws are missing, and the crystal is missing, the minute hand is bent at the tip, but the watch smith said he can fix it, or worst case replace it. He also said he would be able to clean up the face.
    I have located all the parts I need through Ebay from all corners of the planet and a reputable watch-smith to repair will take it a apart and repair it.
    From What I've learnt is, the CAL.528 and the CAL.536 have the exact same parts inside, just one bridge is slightly different.
    What I'm trying to find out is the approximate age of the watch, any info at all... I found a place called "Pocket Watch Data Base" and entered in the serial Number, but when it comes to setting the Manufacturer, there is no Cortebert in the drop box, or even Star Case Watch Company.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: cortebert 528

Moved to the more suitable forum. Newbies are invited to familiarize with our fora prior to posting.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Welcome to Watchuseek! That is a very nice watch but unfortunately, your balance hairspring is messed up. Ranfft's database has a Cal. 540 under the entry for the Cal. 528 (I presume that he hasn't had a Cal. 528 yet) but here is the Cal. 526 which is the same but with a slightly smaller mainspring barrel:

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Cortebert 526

Hartmut Richter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Beautiful watch, IIRC Rolex used Cortebert movements back in the day and the Russian Molnija is a clone of a Cortebert 616.

Good luck with you restoration and please share photos of it when it is done I would love to see how it turns out.

thanks

Thread Information