A couple of 'new' Tissot acquisitions

Thread: A couple of 'new' Tissot acquisitions

A couple of 'new' Tissot acquisitions

Had a couple of 'new' vintage watches arrive

1st one is a single register Navigator with Lemania 1343 mov't from around 1973/74. These are quite rare, so I was quite happy to bag this one

I took a slight risk with it tho as the crystal was very scratched, but everything else looked fine and it was working as it should, and has turned out to be fine!!

This is what it looked like in the sellers listing...

Altho I'm going to replace the crystal, I gave it a bit of a polish to see how it would come up.....

Not come up too bad and I've been wearing it for the last few days

The 2nd one is a 3 register Seastar from the early 60's, with a Lemania 1280 mov't, which I think has some similarities to Omega's 321 mov't from the early Speedys?!!

This one has an Omega crown for some reason, but will also be going in to see my watchguy for an overhaul and to change it over to an original Tissot crown

More piccys to come, hopefully with the better camera, but thanks for looking

Re: A couple of 'new' Tissot acquisitions

Hi Johnny,

nice watches, both of them, congratulations! I have kind of given up on Tissot watches lately (I do have a couple of them already though), but this was one was the most expensive watch I ever bought (price, not value, as it was really overpaid, now in hindsight... ):

It's the white-dial variant to Yours, running great, and it is also looking great, though I hardly use it - just too big for my taste...

I hope You will be able to find a crystal. Thanks for showing!

Best regards,
    Olof

Quote Originally Posted by o.v.e View Post
    Hi Johnny,

nice watches, both of them, congratulations! I have kind of given up on Tissot watches lately (I do have a couple of them already though), but this was one was the most expensive watch I ever bought (price, not value, as it was really overpaid, now in hindsight... ):

It's the white-dial variant to Yours, running great, and it is also looking great, though I hardly use it - just too big for my taste...

I hope You will be able to find a crystal. Thanks for showing!

Best regards,
    Olof

Hey Olof

Thanks for the comments

That looks a very nice example, and I like it with the white dial

I've got a couple of the twin register Navi's, but you just don't see these come up!!

If you ever think of moving it on, do let me know

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Nice grab - I love to roll the dice on scratched crystals. Half the time you come up with an undervalued gem. The other half.... well, you roll snake eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMonkey View Post
    If you ever think of moving it on, do let me know
    +1 on that - they're nice watches and usually a bargain as JM found out. I think if you dropped either one of us a PM we'd be interested!

very nice navigator !

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post

+1 on that - they're nice watches and usually a bargain as JM found out. I think if you dropped either one of us a PM we'd be interested!
    I probably won't, but let me make new pictures one day, and post them here. Anyways, don't expect a bargain. Even if I only get out half of what I paid for the watch and the service.
    You find them every couple of months on ebay. When I bought mine, I hadn't seen one for quite a while, that's why I got carried away. And I still suspect, that someone else "pushed" the price, as I experienced something similar with that seller just a couple of months later. Since I am using a bid agent, it protects me from myself .

Quote Originally Posted by o.v.e View Post
    I probably won't, but let me make new pictures one day, and post them here. Anyways, don't expect a bargain. Even if I only get out half of what I paid for the watch and the service.
    You find them every couple of months on ebay. When I bought mine, I hadn't seen one for quite a while, that's why I got carried away. And I still suspect, that someone else "pushed" the price, as I experienced something similar with that seller just a couple of months later. Since I am using a bid agent, it protects me from myself .

I, and I'm sure most of the guys on here, know what your talking about with prices being 'pushed' up

I've seen a couple of the 2 reg Navi's go really high with a frenzy of activity, and some of the 'starting prices' and 'buy it now' prices are getting very high!!

Maybe a good job I got in when I did?!!

Thread Information