Croton Nivada Antarctic
Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By ArchieGoodwin
  • 3 Post By Datreedude

Thread: Croton Nivada Antarctic

Croton Nivada Antarctic

After having acquired a few Croton Nivada Grenchen timepieces - Aquamaster 360EL, and a woman's Seamaid and Colorama set for my wife, I knew I wanted to add an Antarctic model to the small collection. Finally picked one up recently, and while it isn't the exact model I'd searched for, I like it just the same. Here's a pic of it next to my Aquamaster 360EL, and some individual pics. Movement is the ETA2452, and running very well.
    There are some spots on the dial that aren't too bothersome, but I'm wondering if those can be removed safely. Any suggestions?

The connection to the IGY (International Geophysical Year) and Operation Deep Freeze is fascinating, and I love the hour markers on these models.

Eric
    Le temps est un grand maître, dit-on; le malheur est qu'il soit un maître inhumain qui tue ses élèves.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. ~Louis Hector Berlioz

Re: Croton Nivada Antarctic

Eric,
    First off, sent you a PM. Second, a very nice Antarctic, most of these models have the ETA 2451, yours, the 2452 is the calendar model. There are many different variations of the Antarctic, dial design, case design and color, and jewel count. Case sizes also vary, many have the 31mm case, but the most popular is like my first photo, and that case is 34mm. The Antarctic VII has a gold filled case, and is a front opening. I've attached a few of the different ones that I have.
    Regards,
    George

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info George, I appreciate it. It appears that the one in your first picture is the one I'd really like to have. Yours looks like it's in excellent condition. That lug design, with the larger markers..... sweet! Love it.
    Thanks for sharing all the pics. So many different variations.

Eric
    Le temps est un grand maître, dit-on; le malheur est qu'il soit un maître inhumain qui tue ses élèves.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. ~Louis Hector Berlioz

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Datreedude View Post
    Eric,
    First off, sent you a PM. Second, a very nice Antarctic, most of these models have the ETA 2451, yours, the 2452 is the calendar model. There are many different variations of the Antarctic, dial design, case design and color, and jewel count. Case sizes also vary, many have the 31mm case, but the most popular is like my first photo, and that case is 34mm. The Antarctic VII has a gold filled case, and is a front opening. I've attached a few of the different ones that I have.
    Regards,
    George

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    nice sets of nivadas
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Thread Information