Croton Nivada Grenchen Aquamatic

Thread: Croton Nivada Grenchen Aquamatic

stuffler,mike

Croton Nivada Grenchen Aquamatic

From my inbox:

hi mike, i read a couple of your responses on this forum. you seem to know quite a bit about the older crotons. i have a croton nivada grenchen aquamatic. it seems to be from the early 1960s or late 50s. there is a number on the back. it is 8865, on the bottom of the case back it says "aquamatic" and below that it says "14 k gold L&K. it is a 17 jewel swiss movement, and is a self winding watch, it also has a screw down back. the entire case, back and stem winder appear to be solid gold. can you tell me anything more about this watch?
    Well, there have been different "Aquamatic" models, square as well as in round cases, stainless steel, as well as gold (10k). At the same period there have been "Anarctic" models available.

Here´s an old ad of some of these "Aquamatic" watches

These "Aquamatic" watches have been fitted with various movements from 17 jewels up to 30 jewels, I`ve seen "Wittnauer " as well as "Croton Nivada SA" engraved on the rotor. "Aquamatics" have been produced from 40s to 60s.

Pls. post pics of your watch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Croton Nivada Grenchen Aquamatic

Pretty neat looking advert from the yester years~Cheers!

Re: Croton Nivada Grenchen Aquamatic

I have a neat Croton Aquamaid, manual wind, 22mm stainless case. This one has 4 tiny screws holding it together.

Thread Information