Dial questions
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Dial questions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dial questions

I got my hands on a few dials and most are for Certina and Tissot quartz watches but there are a few others. Sorry about the light but it's night here.

Name:  1154.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  121.6 KB
    I got two of these Roamer dials and anyone know what watch they are for so I can search the web for one with a bad dial?

Name:  1155.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  98.5 KB
    I know I have seen this Tissot dial before but can't put my thinger on it so any ideas?

Name:  1156.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  108.6 KB
    And this! What on earth is going on here?
    Last edited by Shum; August 26th, 2015 at 23:15.
    busmatt likes this.

Re: Dial questions

Hi Shum,
    I have no ideas on the Tissot or Omega but I think the Roamer dial is in the style of the 1920`s/early 30`s in respect of the minutes track and old style of the Roamer logo.
    this is a link to a similar style on Trim`s vintage Roamer site :
    Vintage Roamer Watch Site

One thing that seems slightly odd to me as a bit of a Roamer nut is the styling of the numerals though and that they look applied rather than painted on which tended to be the case around the time.

Maybe Trim or Mirius (two of our in-house Roamer experts) may be able to point out any errors on my assumptions and hopefully give you a better pointer.
    Regards,
    Demonfinder
    Last edited by demonfinder; August 27th, 2015 at 00:06.
    Shum likes this.

Vint. Forum Co-Moderator Mirius's Avatar

I'd probably go into the 1930's for the Roamer dial given the Art Deco feel of the numbers but otherwise agree with Demonfinder.
    I'd suggest that it's a redial but possibly original. trim has a better eye for that than me.
    Clearly it's a small sub seconds calibre which suggests either a ladies or a rectangular calibre. Roamer however had a huge range of dials and case combinations so it's hard to find two alike. Without trying it on calibres I wouldn't be able to suggest what it might fit.
    Shum likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Tissot dial must fit a 1980s piece- the logo on the dial is definitely very late 1970s/early 1980s.
    The Omega is interesting- if not for the absence of "automatic", I would think that this dial is for a ref. CK 2848
    OMEGA Watches: Vintage Watches Database
    Similar markers and "crosshair" seconds subdial... That's not the one though, I'm afraid. Close, but not that's not it.
    Shum likes this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well-camouflaged.
    Capt. Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Great stuff guys I knew I could count on you.

Name:  1157.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  117.6 KB
    The Roamer dials measure 26x22mm.
    It looks like it could be a round movement that fits going by the feet.
    The dials come from a long ago closed watchmakers shop and I think they were replacement dials as they don't have the markings from any case.

I was hoping the Omega dial would fit a 265/266 watch but as it says Seamaster on the dial that went out the window.

The seamster dial will probably go to any number of the early 50s so-called 'chunky lugged' Semaster references including the cal 342 .471 bumpers and early rotors with sub-seconds. Unless your hankering for a Seamster I don't thin you'll find many with 'bad' dials for very cheap on auction or private as these Omegas with lots of patina are just as coveted as excellent old dials. You managed to snag one with the curious 'fishhook' 'S' in seamster. It took a lot of omegaphiles many years to get the correct assorted fonts for these guys down pat to avoid the numerous re-dials. I remember a time when this style 'fishhook' was considered questionable by many. But I have a bumper cal. 342 with that 'S' but the indexes are different. Your indexes are not that typical for SMs.
    Shum likes this.
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Why, there was a cal. 266 Seamaster:
    Doesn't have that written on the dial though.
    Or a cal. 267, ref. CK 2937.
    Here there's no picture, but the description does match... kind of.
    Shum likes this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well-camouflaged.
    Capt. Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Sorry mkws I have a 1949 265 watch with a bad dial and have been looking for a 265/266 replacement.

It only cost me $12 extra for the Roamer dials and Omega dial so I thought that even if the Seamaster was a fake it's not much money to speak of. Two things made me wonder (not the fishhock though). First the thin font in Omega and second the stripes that to me looks like brush strokes that have been uncovered by the passing of time.

I really should learn more about Omega as I had no idea about the fishhook and bought the dial just because I needed it.
    Last edited by Shum; August 27th, 2015 at 04:15.

I thought the lines on the Omega dial looked as though it had been stored for a prolonged period in plastic wrap of some sort.

Vint. Forum Co-Moderator Mirius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shum View Post

Name:  1157.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  117.6 KB
    The Roamer dials measure 26x22mm.
    It looks like it could be a round movement that fits going by the feet.
    One of the 10.5'" calibres would be around the right size and date. One of the 2XX calibres might be right

http://mirius.co.uk/Ligne.htm?10.5

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information