Dial restoration advice

Thread: Dial restoration advice

johndozier

Dial restoration advice

I have just acquired a rather rare Wyler-Vetta. It is a manual win, small second hand, solid 18k with I assume solid gold markers. It needs a dial restoration in my opinion, as there is a good deal of bubbling and wear thru. Can someone steer me to a reliable individual to restore the dial. Cost is not an object. Thanks and kindes regards.

Re: Dial restoration advice

I hear Kirk dial does good work. Slow, not cheap, but good.

I've heard International dial is good, too. They have a Hamilton Clinton dial of mine. Don't have it back yet, so I don't know how it'll look, but I have high hopes. It was trashed going in, so it has to be better than it was.

Let us know how it goes. Got pics?

johndozier

Pix in this forum under Wyler-Vetta. Regards and thanks. I have read good and bad about both your suggesions. altho Kirk in Cal. seems to have a good rep. A real crap shoot!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by johndozier View Post
    Pix in this forum under Wyler-Vetta. Regards and thanks. I have read good and bad about both your suggesions. altho Kirk in Cal. seems to have a good rep. A real crap shoot!
    I had a couple of dials refinished by Kirk many years ago (At least 25). They did a good job. One was a Hamilton rectangular shape, the other was a Wittnauer automatic that was my dad's. I do remember them being in So.Ca., which is where I reside. They still look good today. Good luck.

Thread Information