Do you have a color

Thread: Do you have a color

Do you have a color

I keep locking threw watches on Ebay and the ones posted here and think I would ware that or no way I would ware that. I started collecting any mechanical watch I could get for cheep and now I want to ware them and have become picky in the look of the watch purely on the color.

I am a silver guy and that is what I like and I am realizing that pretty much every watch had a vintage silver with white face at some point. I wonder if I am limiting my self. Movement aside you have to like the look, right?

Re: Do you have a color

Why buy a watch you don't like and won't enjoy wearing? Yes you are limiting yourself, but so what - if ownership of such a watch would give you no pleasure.

Kris.

It's an interesting coincidence that you brought this up since I was just having thoughts along the same lines. The bulk of my vintage pieces have white or champagne dials simply because those dials appeal to me more than most examples of dark dialled watches I see. Even within that narrow color palette, though, there are vast numbers of varied watches that I find attractive.
    I know nothing except the fact of my own ignorance. Socrates

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think most people probably have a similar experience. Once they start collecting, they'll pick up anything and everything they can get their hands on. And as they continue on, they tend to be more discerning.

There's nothing limiting about being particular about what you want to buy. It is your money and you should spend it on what you want and would want to wear. Granted you might miss out on a super deal or amazing piece by only concentrating on a single color, but you can't pick up everything...as much as we all would want to.
    I've got more Converse sneakers than watches, but it is a close race.

Quote Originally Posted by watch origins View Post
    I keep locking threw watches on Ebay and the ones posted here and think I would ware that or no way I would ware that. I started collecting any mechanical watch I could get for cheep and now I want to ware them and have become picky in the look of the watch purely on the color.

I am a silver guy and that is what I like and I am realizing that pretty much every watch had a vintage silver with white face at some point. I wonder if I am limiting my self. Movement aside you have to like the look, right?
    I see a watch as a package - you should like it as a package containing numerous interesting components for it to be enjoyable. As others mentioned I think you should simply let your tastes evolve and mature.

For example, I never thought I would wear a pink dialed watch until a Mido Commander with a pink/salmon turned dial caught my eye. That's the only pink dialed watch in the collection but I still enjoy wearing it after 6 years.

Thread Information